Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

17.5 miles yesterday. Tapering off before the Everglades Challenge which starts in 12 days! (Most of my paddles lately have been 20-25 miles so 17 seemed like a breeze)

Also starting to obsessively check the weather forecast.

7 Likes

I have a permit for camping on Shell Key, and hope to be there for the check in. Rusty and I will sail over to the beach that day or head back to the ramp to drive there. May you have a following wind and good weather this year.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Design Study at Lawn Point
Vancouver Island, BC
50 19’35"N 127 58’18"W

6 Likes

Pretty Prana.

2 Likes

Cordova Alaska. Last day of ( meteorological) winter.

3 Likes

Cordova Alaska. First day of ( meteorological) spring

3 Likes

Bluebird Day in Passage Canal

5 Likes

15 Likes

Recent photos of Fontana Lake from the AT shelter at Fontana Dam while camping along the trail. Lots of through hikers along this section at this time of year.

5 Likes

Not bad for an old man. Did you paddle?

Technically not “pretty”, but in the eye of the beholder this is beautiful to me after 20 years of not having a garage or even a driveway and struggling to house and juggle the growing fleet. And this is probably the only group of folks I know who might empathize with my delight.

New (to me) house has this huge detached garage (the builder was a contractor) and an enormous driveway and parking area. Don’t even need to leave space for the car since there’s a separate oversized integral garage under the house with basement entry.

And now the toy-hauling box truck camper that the boats often ride inside has its own parking spot right beside the boathouse and the boat trailer can be stored and even loaded under roof. The big garage also has a 20’ long vintage workbench along one side, perfect for repair work some of the salvaged craft need including a new skin on my favorite SOF.

Need to update the lighting in the garage and build some racks for paddles and assorted gear (and control myself from collecting any more boats now that I have such tempting space to fill). But for now this is my “pretty picture”.

New house is pretty nice too, but that garage was the clincher and will greatly simplify my mobilizing to get out on the water (where I can collect some more conventionally pretty pictures to post).

15 Likes

Be still, My heart

We need a video :blush:

Be wary Willowleaf…I built on a four bay garage for two bays of stuff. …It was full after the first year.

2 Likes

Perfect morning paddle on Ross Lake Wa last summer.

6 Likes

From 2021:

6 Likes

Where’d you go?

1 Like

That one is at Lake Nighthorse in CO.

1 Like

That is a beautiful garage! I bought a rental hiuse fir detached 3 bay garage fir boats, but yours us so much nicer. Congratulations.