Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

:face_vomiting::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

I haven’t seen that one. I just watched the trailer and it looks good. Sea Wolves, Rain Wolves, BC Coastal Wolves…I’ve studied them quite a bit and have a decent collection of books on them. Over 18 years of paddling those waters I can say that they are everywhere but seldom seen. A few weeks ago we stopped at a stream to filter water. It was early in the flood and the stream, streambed and shorelines were covered with headless Sockeyes. Many still dripping blood. We couldn’t count them all but a conservative estimate was 200 fish. Not a single wolf in sight. They had been feeding since high slack and when they saw us they disappeared. How many wolves does it take to catch and eat the heads off of 200 Sockeyes?

1 Like

:open_mouth: obviously a pack

We rode our bikes around Tofino area
and saw warning signs with their pictures.

The documentary was very good. It’s amazing they got such good video footage with the critter cams. I might need to watch it again.

Great story BTW, gave me goosebumps

Very hot but glass calm on the Gulf of Mexico today. (Im)patiently waiting for the first cold front to cool things down.

5 Likes

Love the cleat water.

Clear water!

Love those boat colors!

Peace J

3 Likes

Colorado River yesterday

3 Likes

You do get around. It is quite a trip from Germany to the Colorado River.

Likely via U(ber)-Boot

Yes we do but we flew the Dreamliner on points that he got when Uncle Sugar made him fly to Pakistan every week :grin: we had to fly home to get a drivers license renewed, they don’t make it easy for military.

I have had a circadian disruption all week because I still get sleepy on Germany time.

Lone paddler in Gig Harbor Washington (didn’t make it “home” this trip)

5 Likes

Gile flowage south of Hurley WI/Ironwood MI.

7 Likes

Seems like a good a place for a first post. Wilsboro Bay on Lake Champlain

13 Likes

Red maples turning in southern Michigan swamp.

Had to come back with a chain saw later in the week or this would block me all winter.

10 Likes

Foggy morning on Samreid Lake

Evening dreaming:

12 Likes

I love paddling in fog, it’s “like dreaming.”

How many wolves does it take to catch and eat the heads off of 200 Sockeyes?

When a pack of wolves
heads off to school
what’s cleft is in fin itty
zeroed in with divisions rule

Interesting dining procedural of wolves you’ve taught me. However, forever on I shall wish the Muppet Show had used a quartet of furry lupi to sing,
“Fish heads, fish heads.
Rolly-polly fish heads.
Fish heads, fish heads,
eat them up, YUM!”

4 Likes

5 Likes

Autumn Eklutna Lake Alaska

3 Likes