Prijon Barracuda

Hey Josh
Where’d you find the Sprinter?

I didn’t.
I posted that after you showed interest in her Barracuda. I meant that I will have the Cuda or your Sprinter before it was all over :slight_smile:

Tom said he would check on a Sprinter for me. We’ll see…

I think I will post it on ebay tonight
although I don’t have a picture and can’t take one right now as the boat isn’t stored with me (it IS in a garage, however).

Might be able to find cooldoc’s old pics and use them.

Redmond, if I sell the 'cuda, I might just buy that Speeder, although I don’t see the same price we talked about anymore on the website you showed me. Rats! Might need to shop around.

And I’m thinking of saving the Reggie backband for some other boat. (I never got it installed on the 'cuda.) Or I’ll factor the cost of it into the price. Still thinking…

Will let you know when I get it posted.

Donna

Just FYI, not to worry…
my ex is a mensch. The boat is perfectly safe in his care.

Nice when you can be on good terms with the ex…

Donna

Ok, it’s list on e-bay
I don’t have any photos so I just did a very bare bones ad. Ask me anything I may have omitted in my haste. It’s a 5-day auction.

I started the bidding at $700 (to attract the more serious bidders) and the reserve is set at $800. Includes the rudder Cooldoc gave me but I never installed.

I’m keeping the backband I bought separately (and also never installed). I still haven’t given up on rolling someday (sigh), and might need it.

Happy bidding!

– Last Updated: May-28-08 9:45 PM EST –

http://tinyurl.com/54ppnz

No picture, Donna?

You can use internet photos.

www.yahoo.com

click Image search at top. Then Prijon Barracuda. Find a nice photo, right click and save, and then upload to eBay. It'll help your sale.
http://www.brighton-canoes.co.uk/productpages/prijon/pictures/prijon-barracuda.jpg

js_paddler, redmond, there's your boat! It's in excellent shape. And that brand new Barracuda-specific rudder is $125 from wildnet.

sorry, was in a hurry.
will try to get a photo in there

Email me your email address and I will link a couple pictures to you. Or, can you right click them off my flickr.com page?

http://tinyurl.com/6ry65n

WHAT???..

…donna, I hope you are kidding.

Thanks, Cooldoc
I uploaded some photos, including yours. Thanks for the help!

Not kidding
I think you and Doug are more upset about my selling it than I am. Doug liked that I had bragging rights to the 'cuda. While the ego strokes are nice enough, I just don’t care that much about stuff like that.

As I’ve said, it’s just too much boat for me to “push” to get anywhere near its top maximum speed, which I find frustrating. I’m just not a strong enough paddler.

Also, I can’t even store it at my home, which makes the logistics difficult to get it out and paddle it without LOTS of driving and prior planning, coordinating schedules with Doug, etc.

Sorry RR, much as I like the 'cuda, it makes sense for someone else to have it - someone who can use it and get some enjoyment out of it instead of having it sit in a garage all lonely.

Now the question is
What do I buy, if/when I sell the 'cuda?

I know, I know… I’m horrible the way I buy and sell boats. No loyalty whatsoever, although there are a few I’ve kept for some time.

I like the Eddyline Fathom LV (in theory, haven’t paddled it) but it’s pretty expensive. I’m liking that Pyranha Speeder, which is about half the cost of the Eddyline. I’ve lusted after the Prijon Motion for a long time but it’s also an expensive kayak (that I haven’t paddled).

Decisions, decisions.

Don’t be mad, rr. :frowning:

D.

Wonder if Ron…
…might be interested.

You could ask him…
Nobody’s bidding yet. If he wants it, e-mail me and I’ll take it off e-bay if no one has bid on it yet. $800 is the price.

D.

This is a fab deal for future Cuda owner

– Last Updated: May-29-08 8:11 AM EST –

Donna's Cuda may require a slight drive (js_paddler or redmond, make a weekend trip of it and Donna and rroberts can show you the paddling destinations in OH), but at the price Donna4567 is listing the boat for, it is a steal. A new German-made Prijon Barracuda (and her red one is like new, frankly) is over $1800 now! Petrol costs affect the price of plastic production, as well as the transportation from Genmany, plus the weak US dollar versus the Euro, I wouldn;t be surprised if the future cost of this boat new is almost $2000.

There's another retailer on Ebay now selling a yellow one (not nearly as pretty as red) for over $1800.

Sad to see you sell it, Donna, and man, if I had space for one more boat, I'd buy it from you. Prijon Barracuda's are all the rage in Europe, in particular, where the paddlers favor a sleek and fast boat. Yeah!

Drive…
I checked the distance and it is about 7 hours from Arab, AL. If I did win the boat and make the trip up there, I would definitely take the opportunity to paddle some places in the area.

How difficult is installing the rudder?

The hardest part of installing…

…the rudder was drilling the hole. It took me 6

months and an hour and a half to install mine.

6 months just building up the nerve to drill the

hole.

The best place I ever lived was Madison, Al. It’s

still the mental view I get when people say, “Home.”

Madison
There is some great water around here. You ever make it back this way?

What are the cockpit dimensions on the Barracuda?

The last boat I had was the Chatham 16 and it was a really tight fit. I got used to it though. I am 6’0" 220lbs. What is your average touring speed in that boat?

Josh

The cockpit is small…

…wildnet.com lists it as 32 x 18.

I’m your size.

I’ve never timed myself, so I can’t give you an

average speed. But it’s fast. In a couple of

impromptu events, I’ve smoked people in fancy

racing boats. and I’m not that good.

This boat reminds me of my sister’s Arabian

horse: after you gained his confidence, he’d

put his ears back and run his heart out for you.

Stay loose in the hips, don’t fight the boat,

keep your lower body moving independently of

your upper body, or you’ll be conversing with

fish. And enjoy watching the water on the front

deck turn to steam. The first couple of times

you get the boat stretched out, you’ll be going

too fast for your scream of terror to catch up with you!

http://www.wildnet.com/
http://www.wildnet.com/

Jason, click Touring Kayak on this website.