Profiles and Editting

Just noticed another problem. Trip reports were working last night, now they are not. Click on any state and nothing comes up.

@Raftergirl: Huh, I’m not seeing that problem. You’re selecting a state from the dropdown at https://paddling.com/reports/ ?

Yes. Works on my iPad, but not on my home computer. When I select a state (any state), nothing happens.

@Raftergirl

Logged on to my office computer (Windows) and trip reports working normally. Are you using a pop-up blocker?

No pop-up blocker. It was working, and now it’s not. If I use my iPad (same wi-fi network), it works fine. I tried logging out & back in. No change. When I click on a state, any state, nothing appears. It just sits there. Weird.

The reason this is bugging me is that I want to post a trip report, and can’t figure out how.

@Raftergirl , can you tell me what browser and version you’re using? (For example, Firefox 49 or Chrome 54 or Internet Explorer 11 or Edge 14.) Also, Windows? Mac? That will help as I try to reproduce the problem you’re having.

Mac. Using Safari 10.0.1 The launch sites part under the GO Paddle heading works, just not the trip reports part.

Weird that it works perfectly on my iPad.

OK, I couldn’t use my original profile because my old password was not acceptable. I switched to a new email account and used a longer, usable password. Now I’m this entity and life seemed to be good…on my PC… except now I can’t access P.Com using my phone as this person. I tried to log in and it said my name is ‘anonymous’. Any ideas on a fix?

@Rex Maybe try deleting all cookies and clearing the browser cache on your phone. That often clears up my iPad when it gets muddled, as well as a hard reset.

@Rookie
Thanks. No luck so far. I’ll keep at it.

@Raftergirl said:
Mac. Using Safari 10.0.1 The launch sites part under the GO Paddle heading works, just not the trip reports part.

We tweaked a few things yesterday with the trip reports, and they’re working for me with Safari 10.0.1. Can you try again? Before you do, hold down the shift key while clicking the reload button on the trip report page:

@Rex, you should have gotten an email a few days ago with directions for resetting your password (if not, just go to https://paddling.com/members/forgot-password/ and put it in your email address). Sounds like you figured this out already, but with this system you log in using email address, not a user name. If you want it to not display your name as “Anonymous,” go to https://paddling.com/members/profile/ and update the Display Name field. This is what should be publicly displayed on the main site (paddling.com) and the message boards (forums.paddling.com).

@karls
Thanks. I’m having no problem with the PC. It’s my not-so-smart phone that won’t allow me to sign in or register to comment. I’ll keep at it.

Okay, @Rex. Let me know if there is any way I can help.

@karls said:

@Raftergirl said:

We tweaked a few things yesterday with the trip reports, and they’re working for me with Safari 10.0.1. Can you try again? Before you do, hold down the shift key while clicking the reload button on the trip report page:

Thanks. It’s good to go now. How do I post a trip report?

@Raftergirl , posting trip reports isn’t implemented yet, and I’m not sure what the plan or timeline is for getting it back on the site. Maybe @brian knows?

Ok. I’ll keep watching for an update & post some trips reports when I can. I find the trip reports really useful when planning trips to areas I’m not familiar with.

Sounds good. And, yeah, the trip reports look really helpful!

There was a way for us to email one another, I don’t see that capability here!

@Andy_Szymczak said:
There was a way for us to email one another, I don’t see that capability here!

I think you use the “Message” button.

Jon
http://3meterswell.blogspot.com