Propietary wrench for my crossbars??

Find a mechanic that works on saturns. Many of the old Saturn dealers probably still around, selling/servicing gm or ?, they prob still got all the Saturn tools.

I’m a think’n I’ve seen something like that, just can’t place it.
It sure doesn’t look like a fastener. Maybe a marker pounded into a roadbed or a telephone pole with a tag.
That’s why I asked if the other three are the same type.

Maybe try one of those deep socket tools that have little movable pins inside? The ones that are advertised to work on funky, damaged bolts?

@PhotoMax said:
Maybe try one of those deep socket tools that have little movable pins inside? The ones that are advertised to work on funky, damaged bolts?

That might be worth a try. It’s called a Gator socket, available at pretty much any Lowes or Home Depot.

According to the Saturn sites I looked at the wrench needed came from Saturn with the roof rack, but no one seems to have one anymore. One thing I did see was that people replaced them with more standard bolts once they were removed.

looks like the crank out window spline…

@ptickner said:

@PhotoMax said:

That might be worth a try. It’s called a Gator socket, available at pretty much any Lowes or Home Depot.

According to the Saturn sites I looked at the wrench needed came from Saturn with the roof rack, but no one seems to have one anymore. One thing I did see was that people replaced them with more standard bolts once they were removed.
I still have some Whitworth wrenches for vintage British motorcycles if you’d like to start collecting useless tools that you’ll never use again.

I did a search for “14 spline #5 socket”. Found two that might be useful

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicago-Pneumatic-Impact-Socket-2-No-5-Spline-Drive-14-Tooth-6-Pt-XC47550X/142823985598?epid=13020189354&hash=item2140f911be:g:3l4AAOSwU4hbF~ZQ

and

https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-5521MSS-Spline-Double-Square/dp/B000X1TESA

Don’t know if either of these is the right size…but…

You might also check with a good local body shop…

HTH!

The Saturn VUE became the Chevy Captiva Sport after Saturn was shut down. Any Chevy parts dept. should be able to look up the fastener and tool.

@lml999 said:
I did a search for “14 spline #5 socket”. Found two that might be useful
Those both look huge. One is 21mm, which is between 13/16" and 7/8". The bolt on your rack appears to be pretty small, so I can’t imagine either of these working.