QCC Seat Replacement

snap dragon
I used existing holes, it was very easy to install. Mine does not ratchet but can be adjusted. You cannot adjust the height but it fits me just fine.

Yep

– Last Updated: Feb-04-11 8:47 PM EST –

That's exactly what I did and I like it. Just take out the pad, velcro and install the backband of your choice. Very simple and it does not affect the structure of the boat.

Just to confuse things
I have a QCC700. I removed the pad arrangement and installed an IR backband as others above have suggested. I found that cinching it up tight was neither comfortable nor conducive to good paddling form. So I loosened it until it was no longer really functional. Worked fine. I intend to remove it when I get a chance. Most people do not need back support.

Happy QCC Paddler With No Back Support
Rebecca “humored” me, and let me install a NRS back band, and velcro a Seal Line seat cushion to the seat pan of her QCC 400.

After one trip, she lost and back band and for several years has been happy as a clam paddling without any back support.

Alas, this old person lacks the hamstring flexibility to go without a back band - but I keep my back band loose enough to not support my back during actual paddling, only to allow me to rest as needed with back support.

Your experiences may, and likely will vary.

Mike

QCC 700 Seat
I have a QCC 700. I have been playing with the seat for a year. I think my final solution is foam and the original seat pad. I am 6’4" 215lbs. I have tight hamstrings which helped me hang around above the rim playing basketball. The major problem I had was having my legs too prone and the deck too low. I noticed improvements with the progression of the paddling season. I tried a Snap Dragon back band with nylon webbed straps and standard seat. It was uncomfortable after paddling a few hours. I surmised my body twist was being blocked by the back band and strapping, knee location, and prone legs. I also did not have any support under my thighs. I bought a few rolls of camping foam to install in the boat. I removed the seat. I cut a 2.5 foot piece of foam out that had notches for the hip braces and a U shaped hole for my rump (CLC tractor seat). I carried the foam out far enough to put strips of 2-3 in foam for hamstring support. I dropped the original seat pad in. I am very happy with the comfort right now. I will have the final results this paddling season. I do own quite a few boats. I like the QCC 700 for the long fast and camping paddles.

JimZ

Redfield

– Last Updated: Feb-07-11 12:35 PM EST –

If my memory serves me correct I thought someone on this board had cut out the QCC seat and installed a Redfish.

Redfish? (nm)