qcc700 vs epic18 handling

What submitted link?
You say “your submitted link offers little to support” , again if you READ you will see that I offered no links on any of my posts.

Again you seem to speak from personal knowledge and experience, first the personal appendage issue you have and that you brought up (sorry, maybe “up” is an inappropriate word to use in your case) and now the abuse you seem to be familiar with having taken from the upper classmen.

If you notice, in most of these threads we poke fun at each other especially the ever going debate between the Brit boat paddlers and the QCC/Epic paddlers and others such as Skeg vs rudder. Last thing needed is a Johnny come lately that has difficulty reading and understanding the threads and doesn’t have the common courtesy to put something sensible in their profile, just childish jargon that is similar to grafiti on an inner city wall.

My apologies to the others on this thread.

HEX

I hear your mama callin ya…
so it must be your bed time. Cranky?

I see that you didn’t put up the Epic link, but another did. My apologies for attributing that to you. But all I asked was a simple question, “How?”

For humor to work it has to be funny. Work on it some more and get back to me, ok?

Augustus Dogmatycus

MMV

Not intended to be,

– Last Updated: Nov-22-05 8:34 PM EST –

humorous. I thought your profile states that by the time you are done with me(or anyone else on this board for that matter)we will know every wave that has passed under your wave. Your response about a mama calling is very disappointing,, frankly I expected better.

HEX
BTW,, Apology accepted regarding your confusion on who posted a link.

gjf12, to give you some reference,
I noticed on your profile that you owned a Seda Glider, I went from a Seda Glider to A QCC700, found the Q to have more stability from the first time I took it out. At first I thought that the Glider could be leaned better into a turn, but after a few sessions with the Q I found no difference. The Q tracks better than the Glider and definitely performed better in confused water. Speedwise, I’ve always felt that the Q was faster, but that point could be argued in that my skills had improved when I had the Q compared to the days I had the Glider.

HEX

there is a bit of a pun in that…
profile thing: Dogmatycus/You will know every wave, etc. I simply know only enough to get myself OUT of trouble, little more. The most amusing thing about personalities in one business or another, be it Trump or (enter favorite paddling character) is that at some point or another, many get to the point of self parody. The good ones don’t. Would a wing paddle work on an expedition? Of course, devise a way to make it so. There are several examples of folks doing it now. Dogma works for me, in the things that work, but is cast off instantly when it becomes dogmatic. Then, a review.

Look, could a rabid brit-can-am boat paddler such as I be so type-cast? All boats are good, when they are under way within their design criteria. Take a brit boat out for a race with the unknown comic in his ski and I’ll bet you won’t have much of a view of his bag, for long. Put that ski and (enter favorite rough water paddling boat) into a tidal race or a rock garden and then the unknown comic gets a soggy face.

Call and response: frankly, Coltrane and Davis were better at it than you and I, so I propose a truce. Eh?

Augustus Dogmatycus

MMV (next year will be MMVI, which means Mileage May Vary Incredibly)

Rapier
Interesting kayak. Strange name-very sword-like-Rapist? Undoubtedly fast in both incarnations: 21’ and 18’. I had the opportunity to paddle the 21’ (albeit with a broken rudder), and had a demo 18’ for a couple of weeks. The 21’ is a rocket-totally rudder dependent-but yet offers real sea kayak outfitting (two VCP hatches, full bulkheads, rigging, etc.) As compared to the QCC, the 18’ has less primary stability and a bit less secondary. I didn’t feel comfortable with it in chop and wind, where my Q-Tip is rock solid, but that’s most likely this paddler’s wont of further skills and time in the boat. Word has it their currently revamping the seat (cruel saddle) to give it a bit more width and lower rear seat pan, and outfitting a different rudder system than the Navigator that was initially spec’d. This boat cries out for a tiller bar setup a la the Kirton Inuk, or even better a gas pedal system with foot brace (Patrick?). Not to get OT as the thread concerned QCC vs. Epic, but this one, particularly in its 18’ form, could edge out both these boats in their racing class. Not sure how it would stack up against an EFT-it will be heavier with traditional Brit ‘light’ builds, full bulkheads, etc. I had the opportunity to race it, and although I struggled with the rudder system not being set up properly (nylon cord=an-noy-ing), it clearly was competitive with even the K-1 trainers, and a surf ski or two. Not far off the mark at all. Could be promising if they iron out the kinks prior to production. The best features of this boat aside from the fact that it ekes into the sea kayak class (Cheater! Smile.) by virtue of the flared ‘wings’ behind the cockpit, are the cutaway foredeck to allow for a super tight catch to the centerline of the boat, and the strange thigh braces that are high and out of the way to allow for leg pumping, yet right there when you need them. Oh, and it has a true angled rear bulkhead to allow ALL the water to drain out with one flip. Hey anyone out there own an Ruahine/SRS distributed Ocean X?