question for flatpik- tsunami commitment

-- Last Updated: May-13-08 4:22 PM EST --

so, I noticed that a portion of profits from Tsunami series kayaks go to aid tsunami victims. i was wondering, did WS help in myanmar with the tsunami funds?? How much of the profits goes to tsunami relief?? 5%?? 10%?? More??

BTW- did you guys change the rear toggle design on the P120?? thought i noticed a few differences on a new blue one I saw a JAX.

Myanmar

– Last Updated: May-13-08 4:54 PM EST –

The current event in Myanmar was from a cyclone, which is what a hurricane is called if it is in the Indian Ocean (same as how a hurricane in the Pacific Ocean is called a typhoon).

I am sure the Xmas eve tsunami also affected Myanmar, but given the way that country's government is, I doubt that much aid from any source went there.

well now…
It has been the custom at Wilderness Systems to select boat names that show their respect for water - its beauty, its diversity, its power. Often, the name helps define the boat’s strengths and character: we introduced the new Tsunami in the fall of 2004 with the same intent. But December 26, 2004 changed that.

It is only fitting that this boat, the Tsunami, acknowledge not the awesome force of nature, but should more rightly honor the hundreds of thousands of victims in South Asia and Africa who lost their lives, their homes, their loved ones to its devastating power.

For every Tsunami we sell this year, and next year and for as long as we manufacture them, a portion of the profits will go to Americares®, earmarked to help the survivors rebuild their lives.

btw
it’s flatpiCk. but you already knew that, didn’t you?

steve

touchy touchy…nm

hmmm
Given you like the water, maybe it should be “waterpik”?

Only if he
brushes his teeth while paddling!

That’s Great!
Nice to know.

their office building
is right by my house. We got a shower head from them. Good company.

any idea what portion?
For every Tsunami we sell this year, and next year and for as long as we manufacture them, a portion of the profits will go to Americares�, earmarked to help the survivors rebuild their lives.

Any idea what the portion is? .01%? .001%? Fifty bucks a year? Heck, even a penny a year would allow Confluence to claim a ‘portion’ of the profits :).

Wilderness Systems
makes shower heads??? Wow. Do they make a Pamlico 14 shower head??

yep…
won’t drown a pet flea, but suitable for washing circus elephants.

and, I believe that was the original

– Last Updated: May-15-08 9:42 AM EST –

question.

Spill the beans. It might even influence your sales!