QUICK...What color?

NOOO
Just say NO to “Fruit colored boats” L

Why do you think
most fire departments went to lime green for their rigs? And as for hunter safety, they call it hunter orange? If your worried about the visibility issue i would go for one of these colors otherwise get a color that has some class. Why would you spend $2500 on a boat that looks like a beach toy.

Hey!
I like my orange deck - I think it looks nautical. Just had to respond to all the bashing. :slight_smile:

I didn’t want to feel like…
I didn’t want a yellow kayak deck, as I didn’t want to feel like I was paddling in a banana! :slight_smile:

I love the color of my Assateague with the Orange “Sunburst” deck, and yellow trim, with a white hull. I thought of sunburst with black trim, but when I saw this combo, I just had to have it.

Happy Paddling!

ALRIGHT ALREADY…
Thanks a bunch for all the thoughts. I was indeed in the last moments before the purchase and hadn’t even cared about color up to that point. I had to choose from the above and simply chose (drum role…) YELLOW.

I know, the length of fruitful replies is hardly given its due respect by YELLOW, but I DO appreciate the advice. Oh! and by the way “Sing” I did choose the “ugly” boat. It had a 3/4 inch very discrete blemish…they gave me a 7% discount for the flaw!!! Bought myself a real nice spray deck with the savings!!

Thanks again…I really love this boat.

SALLY LOVES YELLOW, AND I LIKE
lime green. And we both personally think yellow on a kayak -particularly a yellow over white scheme -makes for a quite handome boat. And paddling a yellow hull all day long doesn’t bother me or Sally

But we DID call our long-lost, but not particulalry lamented, OK Malibu II tandem “The Banana”…

I know what Grayak’s getting at in his analysis of colors, but I also have several friends who boat (and -SHUDDER! -several who are jetski cowboys…!) -and THEY tell me it’s easier to see bright colors on the water.

We tend to paddle -or at least on the way to or from -areas where there is boat traffic. We will sometimes need to cross the Intracoastal -down here, that’s the Interstate for boaters. So I also wear a yellow PFD, and a bright hat, as well as run non-blending colors on our boats. My lime S-Pro TW SOT is a good color as I use that one to fish from. ANd that means I’m sometimes sharing waters with fishing boats. I sure DO want to be seen in some of THOSE circumstances.

And I’ll continue to choose them that way if I have that choice.

Camo colors and dark colors also get kinda hot in the sun down here.

So I go as bright & as brilliant as possbile when I

PADDLE ON!

-Frank in Miami

Mango

I was just joking…
I was just joking about paddling a yellow banana. I like yellow OK, just liked the orange better! No offense meant!

Different strokes! It makes the world go round! :slight_smile:

Happy paddling, and enjoy your new kayak!

Considering the moron jetskiers and raceboaters by me on Long Island, I recommend yellow, followed by orange. If neither is available, get white or lime green. Visibility is key. I just sold a dark green pungo because I felt unsafe with the weekend warriors going nutty.

Yellow
Yellow for visibility, my PFD is yellow as well. According to Derek Hutchinson, “when you see a power boat speeding in your direction you whish that even your nose was yellow so that you could tie it on a stick and wave it”.

My Assateague is yellow over white with red trims. I was considering the sunburst when I ordered the boat but that is a hard color to repair if you scratch it, it does look really nice though.

Black!!!
I read a story some time back about a CG guy who said that a BLACK decked boat was very easy to see. I bought a black over white with yellow trim Outer Island as I liked the combination - but thought this story was very interesting.

Seems black stands out on either a grey day or a bright one for some reason. Me? I am usually upside down anyway…

black boats in the sun vent
the bulkheads dudes. That boat would get hot.