Quicklace vs. Mukluk Light-warmth only

yep
when i did my idw/ice and was trying to do a cowboy scramble, I looked over and saw my chotas floating next to me.

At least they float.

I friend just gave me a couple of long velcro strips that adhere to the neoprene and I can now tighten it around my ankle keeping them in place.

Paul

I have been swimming in my Lites
I have been swimming in my Lite’s on many occassions an while some water does get in they don’t really ‘fill up’ on me.

I wear them on purpose for swimming in places that are muddy and where sandals tend to get mired in the muck.

I should also say though that I have very large calves and I fill the mucklucks up to the point where they are pretty tight for the upper half of the boot.

I bought the lites because I simply couldn’t get the Gore Tex ones over my calf and the lite’s fit my feet better than the quick lace models.

No problems

– Last Updated: Dec-28-09 10:23 AM EST –

with either Quicklace or Lite models either taking on water water or not staying on my feet while swimming during rescue practices.

However, I do have "fat" calves which fill up both models of muckluks.

well some of us refined types
don’t have “peasant ankles”

hehehe

I am trying to remember where I first heard that expression…

Paul

did you order the pack case also ??

– Last Updated: Dec-28-09 11:35 AM EST –

I think it's a good idea but that bright green is too girly for my taste ... but good for you !!

Pack case?
I didn’t see any pack case. The overshoes are black.

Where did you see a pack case? I might want one of those, but not green.

yeah sissy , it’s there at Campmor site
… just type in NEOS in the top search box and scroll down NEOS page that comes up … it’s bright green , can’t miss it … cost like 10. bucks , but good idea I think .

Found it,
but it wouldn’t go with my forest green canoe.

My grandfather,

– Last Updated: Dec-28-09 12:12 PM EST –

with whom I share a similar physique, descibed it as "having a body build like a sack of cement."

And for the record, he was by profession a peasant.

Mike

Piragis is having 20% off sale
through tomorrow. Lucky me, I ordered my mukluks at full price before the sale started, although they haven’t shipped yet.

my last name in German

– Last Updated: Dec-28-09 5:57 PM EST –

which I am on my Fathers side means peasant or serf.

so guess what my roots are?

I must have inherited my dainty English ankles from my mother?

heheh.. I wonder how many that know me here would describe me as "dainty"

for the record I too wish the chotas came in half sizes. with just thin socks they do stay very snug on the calves, but there is room around the ankles. the velcro strips I just got will solve that problem.

paul

Thanks for info on sale
took the opportunity today to replace my many years old and well used Quicklace mukluks.

P-net at its information exchanging best!

Thanks again.

Mike

Mine took on water.
If I tighten the top strap tight enough to keep water from entering between the top of the mukluk and my nylon semi-dry pants, it’s too tight to be comfortable for wear. With neoprene wetsuit, the seal is better.

Cold water (just above freezing) circulating in my boots wasn’t pleasant.

Cancel and reorder at the sale price!
n/m

Why didn’t I think of that?
I did email and ask if they would honor the sale price, since I ordered before Christmas and they had not shipped until the 28th.

No reply so far, but my credit card was billed $90.

Oh well, I am sure I will enjoy them—just hope I got the right size.

Thanks for the tip
My lovely new boots will arrive Jan. 5th. Not in time for the New Years paddle but for most of the winter. Gracias.

Velcro is a great idea!
>>>friend just gave me a couple of long velcro strips that adhere to the neoprene and I can now tighten it around my ankle keeping them in place.

Piragis is crediting my card
with the 20% difference, according to an email from Laurel.

I appreciate that. And the boots came yesterday, and they fit. Will try them out in the cold on Thursday—if not before.

Piragis is a good outfit.
I got my Chotas from them.

Love my new mukluks!
They fit with room for nice thick smartwool ski socks—I wear 8 1/2 shoe, ordered size 8.

Paddled today with warm, dry feet. What a pleasure!