QuietWater near Lancaster, PA?

Hello All-

I have to travel on business to Lancaster for a couple of weeks and I’m wondering if it would be worth it to put the WildFire on top for a little paddling- Lakes, Ponds, & slow moving swampy rivers are my favs.

Thanks in advance-

~Glenn

Ok,here’s …

– Last Updated: Jun-06-06 9:33 PM EST –

some quiet waters. Speedwell forge lake north of Lititz,Muddy run park,south of Lancaster,Lake Redman south of York. The Susquehanna south of Columbia is dammed backwaters,deep & wide with other dams to MD. line. You talkin this weekend the 10th?. I am on call,would love to show you around,but tied to work by phone,sorry. E-mail for details,and directions.Some areas require boat permits,or registration from our state or yours to paddle.Will explain if you contact. Sorry I don't make the rules,but that's PA. I have a Bell Yellowstone solo,and like the same waters.

Happy Paddling billinpa

BMO Day Trip
BMO runs shuttles from Marysville PA (aprox 40 minutes from Lancaster) to Duncannon for a pleasant 8.5 mile run down the Susquehanna. Its a big river but its cool to get back in the island chains.

www.bluemountainoutfitters.net

Bring the boat!

– Last Updated: Jun-07-06 12:59 PM EST –

I spent Memorial Day weekend across the river near York. I brought the boat and was very glad I did. I posted a brief (for me) TR to http://www.cpakayaker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1482 . The short version is that it is an enjoyable area to paddle.

I didn't know about any registration requirements and managed to not get busted. Beginner's luck, or maybe the expired Maryland registration numbers on the bow of the Tripper saved me.

~~Chip

Wow Guys! Lots to do down there-
I guess I’ll have to go to corporate more often!

~Glenn