R2AK link. A kayak is in third place overall

The wind in Hecate Strait roughly west of Bella Bella is changing from SW to NW. Most of Hecate Strait is NW at 5-15 kts becoming 15-25 kts tomorrow. Elsewhere seems to be lollygagging along while Fashionably Late is closing the gap up along outer Banks Island. Lost and Don’t Care is tacking up against that NW wind in Principe Channel which is part of the Outside Passage. Likewise for High Seas Drifter who is tacking up Laredo Channel. Up there it floods to the north and ebbs to the south including Laredo and Principe. I think that Fashionably Late and Vegimite Vigilantes are the boats to watch.

1 Like

Vegemite Vigilantes is approaching dangerous waters. As if they haven’t had enough Type III Fun they are coming into the waters of the G.I. Fairy. Tack away. Tack very far away.

1 Like

Team Elsewhere approaching the finish. 0.2025 nm away. They’ll get the steak knives.
Team Fashionably Late 11 nm from finish.

The paddlers may be far behind, but they’re my rock stars in this race. Doing it the hard way, but doing it.

3 Likes

I posted something similar on the sailing forum I am a member of. Love the two woman rowing team’s name “Don’t Tell Mom”! Looks like Oracle and Zen Dog are still paddling.

3 Likes

Zen Dog is out, hand blisters became too overwhelming. He is currently hitchhiking back to the states if anyone is headed down that way

1 Like

That’s tough, and way beyond my ability to get as far as he did.

1 Like

Bummer but a realistic decision.

He said he was giving it 24 hours but his hands were hamburger and about to enter a pretty remote section of the race so it was the most realistic decision