Rack for Chevy Crew Cab

Ok I just bought a new Chevy 2500HD Classic Crew Cab truck. I’d like to find a permant rack to mount on the roof. With our Suburban I had the Yakima Low Riders and the 78" bars and I’d like to be able to use them on my crew cab truck.

Anybody know of a rack that will fit the crew cab trucks?

Thanks

Bobby

Here is how I do it.
I have a Nissan Frontier with a crew cab. This set up is a set of THULE Tracs that have been mounted directly to the cab roof. I use THULE Tracker Towers that quick connect to the Trac system. So far so good and very strong.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/551355208ihVmdR

Good Luck

Jay

Thanks Jay
That’s what I’m looking for except I want to use Yakima, as I already have Low riders and round bars. The fit test thing for Yakima or Thule doesn’t list a track like you have for the Chevy HD crew cabs. I wish they did as that’s what i think will work. May get one any way and install it. I don’t really need the cross bars, though it would be nice for the solo canoe days, and not having 78" bars up there. But then again it would be better having them too. Less wind noise when traveling with a solo canoe.

Hopefully Yakima will make something before July. We are going camping there and I want to take my canoe. I may build a wooden rack for the truck bed, until I get a permanent solution. Must paddle in PA. and whereever else we stop at there and back.

Thanks

BG

racks on truck
Do you know that you don’t want a fiberglass cap on that truck? I have a Silverado ext. cab and I’m looking for a cap to mount yakima racks to the cap for better spread - but you have more spread with the crew cab. I figured the cap would be the way to keep all the wet stuff from inside the cab.

Don’t need a match.
If Yakama makes a trac of any kind, it will fit. I did not match any of that to my Nissan. As a matter of fact, the reason i went with this system is that there was not a match for my truck, so I made this up myself based on what I THOUGHT would work and it did :slight_smile:

Good Luck

Jay

Chevy Avalance rack
I going to look into getting one of the racks for the Chevy Avalance. Looks like it should fit the crew cab. Plus I like the raised rails which will allow me to still use my Yakima Low Riders and 78" bars when I haul 2 canoes.

Thanks

BG