Rack For Jeep Renegade

My wife got a Jeep Renegade and I was going to see if anyone here has “Racked” one? I’ve used Yakima Rail Grabs before, but that was a few rack generations ago. I sold our old ones a few years ago? Anyway, Yakima, Thule, or other options, we’re open to all.
Thanks! BTW, it is a fun

“Ride” here on the farm!

Thule 450 Crossroad and square bars or the aerodynamic version. Depends on your aesthetic taste.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

www.rackattack.com

Check em out if you haven’t already done so.
If they don’t have it; you may not need it.

BOB

Thanks

You’ve got proper side-rails, so Malone Universal crossbars will work and cost under $120 on Amazon. They come with locks, so no additional cost.

@abz said:
You’ve got proper side-rails, so Malone Universal crossbars will work and cost under $120 on Amazon. They come with locks, so no additional cost.

Thanks, I’ll check them out!

Well, congrats on the new ride. Looks like you’ve got the info you need already so I won’t go on about what could be done with 2X4s. I got a new ride myself but the roof isn’t nearly long enough to properly support a rack that would safely carry my longer canoes, so I’m working on converting a boat trailer to a canoe trailer. That would work for your Jeep as well,of course - but car topping is far easier. At least its the habit we’re in - the devil we know, etc.
Enjoy that new ride!

@PJC said:
Well, congrats on the new ride. Looks like you’ve got the info you need already so I won’t go on about what could be done with 2X4s. I got a new ride myself but the roof isn’t nearly long enough to properly support a rack that would safely carry my longer canoes, so I’m working on converting a boat trailer to a canoe trailer. That would work for your Jeep as well,of course - but car topping is far easier. At least its the habit we’re in - the devil we know, etc.
Enjoy that new ride!

I would be fine with 2x4’s and have done my share of rack modifications with wood my friend, HOWEVER; this is Margaret’s vehicle and I don’t think she would be as pleased (LOL)? I shopped for the old style Yakima Low Rider rack attachments as I used them on the Dodge Journey and liked their ease of on/off. They are a few generations removed from the current model, but were a C-note less than the “New” version. I have an extra Yakima bar, so only needed to order one. REI’s Labor Day sale saved me some cash on that. So, I’ll have a “New” Yakima rack system for her vehicle for about the price of a “Knock-off” rack. Will take a pic or two when everything arrives.

Oh, Pat, here’s my last wooden canoe rack, it was on our Toyota RAV4 in the '90’s. Unfortunately, I accidentally did a “Dukes of Hazard” type jump with a canoe on it and broke it! Margaret insisted on a “Real” rack after that (LOL)!

Well, it’s now "Racked with old style but new Yakima Lowriders. We will use the gunwale brackets from her little Chevy Sonic’s rack. Had an old Yakima bar so only had to buy one. Total cost of about $160 with tax and shipping.