Rainy Day, Dream Away

Rainy day, rain all day
Ain’t no use in gettin’ uptight, just let it groove its own way
Let it drain your worries away
Lay back and groove on a rainy day
Lay back and dream on a rainy day
- Jimi Hendrix

Personally I’m dreaming about where to paddle later this week when we get a couple of warm days with sunshine following a bunch of rainy days. We get lake-effect rain when it’s too warm for lake-effect snow. The water temp in my local river is below 40F but Lake Michigan is still 60 degrees in SW MI.

4 Likes

I was out paddling in the lake effect rain and snow today on the Huron in SE MI. High point was a bald eagle and the biggest larder I’ve ever seen at a beaver lodge. Only other boat on the water in the chain of lakes was a duck hunter.

3 Likes

Rainy here in the mountains of puebla mexico. No views so I try the macro setting on my phone to entertain myself.

6 Likes

I miss paddling the Huron. Nice, friendly river for winter paddling. Your pic looks warm and inviting to me.

1 Like

Beautiful!

Looks like a place where you might not miss your West Virginia mountains too much.

1 Like

Looks like it might rain here on Sunday (we desperately need it) so my weekly paddle will be on Saturday this weekend. Haven’t decided where to go yet, I’ve been wanting to head up to Silver river but I’m not sure I’ll do that this weekend. Sunday I have a few indoor chores I can do so it should be a cozy day on the boat.

2 Likes

I got to float around a bit today. I’m going to go ahead and count it as sunshine and blue sky.

With temps in the 30’s and zero wind (at home) I chose a nice secluded lake with easy access and learned that even a gentle breeze is quite refreshing when you’re only protected from Lake Michigan by a couple small dunes.

Nice to have choices. In cold water I stick to familiar places and appreciate any and every paddle. Fortunately the lack of lily pads gives me access to Middle Lake at Grand Mere SP again and my local rivers are rising and are in lovely shape so I ain’t complaining!

1 Like

Part of the problem here in FL is TOO many choices of where to paddle! But that’s a good problem to have.