I am planning to buy myself a custum made drysuit from www.ravenspring.com for use with my sea kayak.
The last message about this brand is from september 02
(exept the april 04 one about taxes).
Many kayakers must have bought an UNO or RAPIDE since then.
- What do you new users (and other drysuit users) think about them?
- I have desided to have a relief zip, but is also the belt on the RAPIDE, and the neoprene cuffs (for protecting the latex seals?), worthwhile?
- On the RAPIDE; does the fabric cover for the neck seal in any way enhance the fit of a neoprene hood with long neck (during sessions of roll exercise)?
- Would I benefit from the belt on the RAPID if I – after a purchase - manage to loose 20 of my 200 lbs?
- Do you miss not haveing the double tunnel / double waist option?
- Do the hard boots have as secure (and comfy) soft rubber soles as my Chotas Mukluks Quicklace - for walking on shore (wet rock), or are the soles rather stiff and slippery?
- Should I order with those neoprene lined hard boots (of the correct size) or just latex socks to go with my comfy Chota Mukluks Quicklace?
Costs alone are not really a concern – I want to buy the RIGHT drysuit the first time – one I can use the next 10-15 years.