Raystown?

this past fall there was a lot of talk about the raystown gathering. so, what happened? what canoes did you get to paddle and which ones most impressed you? i’m in the west and don’t have an opportunity to paddle such a variety of canoes. please feed me some information! let me live vicariously through your experience at raystown!

Here are my photo’s

– Last Updated: Feb-02-06 12:57 PM EST –

And I think Brian and TommyC1 paddled the most boats.

http://community.webshots.com/album/478675340ZwMYAe

I was happy to finally meet a number of P.netters that have been around for a long time.

Mike, NT, Topher, Talon, Tommyc1, Jsaults, CWDH, Pyker, Edr56, Wesd, Clarion and everyone else that was there!

What struck me most was that it was obvious from the get go that all in attendance were experienced campers. Everyone fended for themselves, set up their own gear, and had what they needed for the 4 day get together.

I'll be there for the next one.

Andy

Magic, Peregrine and Voyager, Oh My!
Man I was in hog heaven!

I got to spend quality time in Wesd’s Magic, Bruce’s Perigrine and Topher’s Voyager. It was the first time I’d seen any of those boats upclose and personal so it was an eye opener.

The downside (if you want to call it that) is that I loved them all.

I’m kicking myself for not getting into Topher’s Rob Roy or Mick Wood’s Rapid Fire. The weekend was too short.

As Andy and Mike have said there were a bunch of neat people there too. Nothing like hanging with a mess of boat heads.

Oh yeah and if you travel with Talon you better like to eat! Dude can cook.

Tommy