Really enjoying paddles with my wife

I retired a year ago and got back into recreational kayaking on the numerous small lakes here in northern Vermont. Last month I bought my wife of 25 years a yak of her own. Sometimes we race, and other times we paddle sedately side by side chatting about plans for the future of our life together.

I also enjoy long distance motorcycling, but found her screams on curves rather distracting so have traveled solo for the last ten years. It’s nice to finally find something we enjoy together.

Pete

Does she still scream on curves in her yak?

I think it is the greatest thing that you and the wife enjoy paddling together. My wife can’t paddle but we enjoy times together in our tandem canoe. But I provide all the horsepower.

Congrats !
I have been paddling with my wife, (and best friend) of 61 years ever since I first got my drivers license.
We paddle kayaks, canoes and paddeboards . We not only explore in them, but race the yaks and a tandem canoe.
When we are training for a kayak race, as soon as I get ahead of her I’ll make a big circle to get back with her and then take off again, which makes for a happy training session.
She is the brains of the family, so on our camping and exploration trips she plans and loads the GPS way points, etc
Other times we just lilly dip and seize the day.
It doesn’t get any better !

That’s great! You are very fortunate.

I, too, enjoy, many paddle’s with my wife.
Taking turns with the handle,
the hot-seat’s vollied in married life.

Does she use the same one on your head?

Cast iron skillet.
Now so warped the pork chops curl up into sausages.

Nice photo and great to have such a good paddling partner. Is that a Samba she’s paddling?

@canoeswithduckheads said:
Cast iron skillet.

:smiley:

I use to scream on the curves unless I had a lady on the back of the bike.

No car travel together? Or did your driving make her scream, too?

@canoeswithduckheads said:
Cast iron skillet.

Is that why it is shaped like a duck? (Your noggin, that is!)

Off of the fire.
WHAM with the pan!
“I’m feelin’ bit Daffy.”
Best answer, “Yes mam!”

(Ya’d think a duck would learn to duck.
“But honey! Dear!”
No such luck.)

@Rookie said:
Nice photo and great to have such a good paddling partner. Is that a Samba she’s paddling?

It’s an Eddyline 14

@pikabike said:
No car travel together? Or did your driving make her scream, too?

She’s into the mini-farm thing and it’s hard to find a house, dog, cat, sheep, chicken sitter. So we rarely travel together. It’s just me and the dog in our sidecar rig.

Pete

Glancing at the thread title in my morning stupor for just a short instant I saw:

Really annoying paddles with my wife

Glad to see that isn’t the case.