really want to demo a Prijon

oh come on ww
just throw one on your porsche and take it out to her for demo already.

here’s what I am curious about::
I have paddled a couple of long Prijons with the trihedral hull (Yukon and Barracuda) and liked them both. But the Motion has a “kicked edge trihedral hull” (whatever that means) and I am wondering how that is different from the regular trihedral.

Anybody have any insights on that?

Shermp: Call Landis
I spoke with Landis Arnold by phone, the # is on the Prijon www.wildnet.com site, and he was super nice and helpful with my questions. 800 number. They also have local sales reps. Sounds like you have a very legit question about Kicked trihedral. Give 'em a buzz. I think they’d appreoiate your question and may even update the website to reflect that answer based on your inquiry.

hey careful
or you’re going to have to take it to b&b.

Ooooooh
a most excellent idea. I have e-mailed with him before, nice guy.

I will do that. Thanks for the idea.

demo Prijon
I was at the Alpine shop in St Louis and was talking with the Prijon rep. He said that the “Chicago Canoe Base”, a store on the north side of Chicago has Prijon’s in stock and you can demo them right there. If your still interested.

If you want to take a drive try the Alpine shop in Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO. They had several and sold all they had on the floor today. I assume they had more to bring out tomorrow. Give them a call if you want to try one out. They also have a Demo day around Mothers Day week end and the Prijon rep has always been there with many boats.

Sorry I could not find anything closer. Hope this helps.

Ice9
aka dwaugh :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how much travelling I’m going to be able to do this year, but I will keep those places in mind if I get out-and-about. Meanwhile I have been hammering a local dealer about getting some in to demo. Doesn’t look promising, though.

Thanks for the info!

Try contacting
the Prijon rep. Since his bonus is based on the number of boats he sell to his retailers he may be able to help you out. Never underestimate the power of the $$$

I agree
directly to the rep

Chicagoland Canoe Base is listed

– Last Updated: Feb-25-07 8:09 AM EST –

as a Prijon dealer but the last time I was there they only had one old Calabria in stock. They are for sale (owner [Ralph] is retiring) but there are no buyers due to the age of their inventory.

They are not near water so you would have to transport a yak even if they allowed demos.

If you contact them, ask for Jon (without an "H").

http://www.chicagolandcanoebase.com/

I'd bet $100 they have never had a Motion.

Been there, done that
I did contact the rep about a year or so ago. A friend of mine did the same thing. I got the impression that the rep did contact “my” dealers but the dealers won’t buy. When I talk directly to the dealers, they don’t think they can sell Prijons - that people don’t understand why they are any better than a cheaper plastic yak.

If you know exactly what you want, they will order it for you, but you’re stuck with it if you don’t like it.

I’ve even tried to talk the dealers into ordering one (read again - ONE) of the model I was interested in, and I’d demo it and if I liked it, I would buy it. ALMOST a guaranteed sale. They won’t do it.

Funny thing is, from what I hear, they HAVE done that for certain people. If you are well-known in the paddling community, known by the dealer, and have the money and connections, they will bend over backwards for THAT PERSON. But they won’t do the same for any of us anonymous generic types.

And this particular dealer… I have already bought two boats from him. I’m sure he doesn’t remember me, though, nor does he make an effort to ask questions to determine whether or not I’m a potentially serious buyer.

(sigh)

Ok, I’m done ranting now. Really. I’m just gonna have to open my own Prijon dealership. hehe

SP :slight_smile:

Coeur d’ Alene has them
If you are ever in North Idaho stop by. We have the Prijon line available to demo. Our local kayak club is holding a demo day/gear review on May 5th and we will be participating. We believe strongly in try before you buy and so every day is a demo day.