Reed Chillcheater Aquatherm

I just bought a Reed Chillcheater Aquatherm fleece shirt - ordered online and received from Reed a couple of days ago. I ordered a men’s medium (I am not a man, but tend to not fit well in women’s sizing, I’m 5’7" and 150 lb and a Men’s medium matched my measurements well). It was so tight and stiff I actually thought I was not going to be able to get the shirt off at one point. I had heard great things about these shirts but it was so terribly uncomfortable that I don’t think I could paddle in it. Do they stretch out at all? Any suggestions? I can’t return it since it came from England, and I am hesitant to order a larger size. Hoping someone has some first hand experience with these garments.

I also ordered a cag and a regular fleece shirt and those seem great. At least I justified the shipping cost!

I can’t help with your question but, have one of my own. I was wondering how hot the cag might be. Since I live in NC I am hesitant about buying one in case the cag gets too hot in spring or fall. After you try it on warmer days, I would love to hear about it.

I’ll definitely let you know. No shortage of warm days here!

Any input on how the Fleece shirt has been so far? I have a couple of them, as well as other Reed gear, listed for sale in the classifieds here.

I’m not a distributor. Someone locally had a box with bunch of brand new stuff in it listed for too good of a price to pass up, so I took what I could have use for and am selling the rest.

I never tried the Aquatherm on again, I’ll try to sell it after the race when I have more time. The Reed fleece shirt is fantastic and will definitely be my go to shirt for paddling in the winter.