Renting a good kayak in Maine

I am new to this forum, so forgive me if this has already been covered before.

I will be taking a 6 day trip to Maine soon, and I will be on a lake. I am in the process of deciding on a good fiberglass kayak to buy, and there are several brands I am looking at. I would really like to rent one (or two) for the duration of my trip to help in my decision-making process, but I am finding that most places that rent boats only rent the cheap, roto-molded variety.

Anyone know of any outfitters in the Bangor/Orono/Millinocket corridor that would rent me a good fiberglass boat for a few days?

Thanks in advance.

ski rack
in bangor will rent a good quality poly boat. http:/www.skiracksports.com/ i can’t think of too many places that would rent glass boats. They do have some real nice glass boats in the shop.

Tough one
H2O outfitters used to rent nice boats, but I’m not sure if they still do. Check their site. They only have Poly boats though. I’ve been living here for 5 years and have been coming up here for years before then - never found anyone that rented glass here. Sorry.

End of season sales
Might be just as cheap to buy a used or demo boat this time of year and resell it if you don’t care for it. Renting a fiberglass kayak for six days would be expensive and there are lots of end of season sales.

Peter

I Resemble That Remark
I love my cheap roto molded variety.