Renting kayak storage

I can’t store my kayak at home, so I’ve been searching for launch sites that have kayak storage I can pay at a monthly or yearly rate. I can hardly find any!

Does anyone have any suggestions in the Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, or New York region? I don’t want to rent a kayak, I just want to rent storage!

Winter storage
Many marinas have outdoor storage racks for small sailboats, canoes and kayaks. Cockpit cover and a Dannuu cover (or canvas tarp) will take care of the kayak for the winter, provided you make sure the hatches/cockpit are dry and there isn’t a granola bar kicking around inside for a winter mouse to burrow in after.

hydeparklanding.com if you’re in this neck of the woods. Your regional parameters were rather huge so I’m not sure where you’re looking for.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org

Look for a rowing club
In my area, the local rowing club rents space. I’ve heard it was very cheap. You might could even join a club.

also check yacht clubs and marinas
Many yacht clubs and marinas also rent space for kayaks.

Chesapeake Paddlers at Pier 7
The Chesapeake Paddlers rent indoor space at Pier 7, on the South River near Annapolis, where members pay a few bucks to store kayaks.

http://www.cpakayaker.com

~~Chip

Farmers
Some have extra space in their outbuildings. I live in a suburb but there’s a farm not too far away that charges me $10/month to store boats. Of course, he has a vegetable stand there and knows I usually buy something while I’m there.