Repainting a Current Designs Sirocco seam

Picked up a great shape used Sirocco kayak. I would like to retore the black paint seam that is pealing off. What specific type of paint should I use on this poly kayak to repaint seam with?

Two part Interlux Perfection Top Coat. Wet sand with 220 grit first. Two coats sand lightly between coats. Shiney and will last for years. Cheaper way would be Interlux bright side single part poly paint. You can buy a smaller can. If you need to you can pop lid and touch it up. It will last nicely but won’t be as hard as two part Perfection Top Side.

1 Like

Use a real good automotive masking tape. Clean good apply tape and press hard other wise it will bleed underneath.

1 Like

You could also use a vinyl tape, that’s what was used on our plastic Necky Looksha.

1 Like

I use Krylon Fusion paint. Used white on a blue canoe three years ago. At is still white.

https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/UW229

1 Like

All depends on how durable you want it to be.

1 Like

Thx everyone for the replies. Found a 3M pinstripe 1/2 inch tape that will ensure its at least evenly applied. I will let you know if it works, risk is $15 investment.

2 Likes

Dabbed some Interlux Perfection on my seam while I was using it on another hull.

Google Photos

Sirroco is poly my bad not sure what your seam is made of.

Someone already mentioned that the Sirroco uses a vinyl, or some kind of plastic tape on the faux deck to hull joint. The tape has a self sticking surface, but it isn’t very good stickum. I called CD and told them it came off. They sent me a whole roll of tape. I installed it with silicon adhesive and it’s still there after about 14 years.

2 Likes