Repair trim on cockpit coaming for Current Designs Storm

The trim on my Storm cockpit coaming has separated from the hull. What is the best adhesive to reattach it.

Without a pic of the trim I would say Lexel.
The storm is a pretty boat in the water…

1 Like

Picture would be good, as I am not clear what you mean by trim. Has the combing itself separated from the hull? Have the thigh braces separated from the kayak? Something else?

1 Like

According to the pictures of the Storm I found online, it’s a rotomolded boat with an integral coaming. The only thing that appears to be attached to it is the thigh braces, which are not “trim”, they’re a structural component of the boat.

1 Like

I think the oldest versions of the Storm still had edging on them (something they stopped at one point or another).

You can buy replacement edging from http://topkayaker.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1606&zenid=cf4671jm980gavm9hbdu43u7p7

BTW, the Storm is back in the line at CD as of this year. Not sure why they haven’t gotten around to putting it back on their website yet.

1 Like

Ah, that make sense.The material shown just presses in place and is held there by friction.