Requiem for a Tilley

Aggessive Tilley wearers!
I love it.Don’t you know if you don’t paddle Pelican 10 footers , wear a horse collar,and wear a Wal-mart boonie , you are an elitist pig.Our junior commies are always looking for ways to segregate you from the unwashed masses.

my hatS do everything a tilley does

– Last Updated: Aug-16-10 11:03 PM EST –

And still save me money. To each his own. You should know the hat doesn't make the paddler.

String! You let the cat out
of the bag!

We Tilley wearers are Elitist Pigs! Always have been; Always will be!

Jim!

(I bought a bunch of Cliff Jacobson’s unused exclaimation points on E-Bay!)

Yes Jim, we are.Our other boats
are yachts with almost nekkid wimmin for ornamentation.

tilley trade
I was near the Tilley dealer at the St Pete sailboat show one year and witnessed a guy with a particularly ragged Tilley walk up to talk to the dealer. The Tilley rep offered to exchange the guys old hat for a new one on the spot, and he refused. Tilley true believers will understand.

BTW, I own two Tilleys (different sizes depending on wheter I am going buzz cut or retor hippie). In hot weather, I prefer a desert cammie boonie but the Tilleys are VERY nice and IMO well worth the price.

One Tilley limitation . . .
Since I have also gotten seriously into whitewater kayaking recently, I have discovered a limitation of the hat: a Tilley won’t do what a helmet will do. It can’t keep you safe in the rapids.

So, I miss my Tilley when I’m on the rivers. Yes, they will replace a lost or destroyed hat, but they can’t replace your head.

oh yes it does
if you ain’t wearing a tilley you ain’t s*%^

well congrats then. you’re sh*t
(I thought I had stepped in something)