reservations

anyone else have trouble making reservations by phone with Ontario parks today? I keep getting shoved off to an answering machine, an that’s if I get thruogh at all.

Ontario Parks Reservations
Lots of technical difficulty going on at Ontario Parks reservations phone. But don’t hang up on the answering machine. Leave your name and phone number and a real person will call you back. They called me back about 5 hours later. And they are making backcountry entry permit reservations, but at least in my case they said someone else would get back to me on the reservation fee and that was 2 and a half weeks ago. They also gave me no opportunity to designate an alternate trip leader. Maybe that will happen when they go after my reservation fee…

been a problem lately…

– Last Updated: Feb-16-10 3:26 AM EST –

much discussion on this topic over at canadian canoe routes....

the parks service switched companies that handle reservations... apparently the new company has been having some growing, err... technical difficulties with the implementation of their system....

all good
…And in the end it all worked out. However, they were so slow calling back to get a deposit so I called back and took care of it.

If you need a reservation, is it
wilderness?

With uncontrolled access
or maximum use permitting it soon isn’t wilderness either… I’d hate to see the Ontario back country canoe parks become as crowded as the BWCA.

New and Improved Reservation System
Ontario Parks recently upgraded their reservation system. There is currently a backlog of reservations for backcountry permits that their call center agents are handling. See the FAQ below.

Ontario Parks Reservation Service: http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/reservations/index.html