River Ridge Canoes

I ran across an interesting pre-rigged fishing canoe from River Ridge but the only mention of them is from their website. They are a small company and they make a limited number per month. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them or knows someone who has.

Heavy but versatile?
Looks to be a good fishing platform with it’s 39 inch width. Anything over 60 lbs though just seems very heavy to me.

Nice looking boat!

river ridge
sorry for the late post.

I have fished from a river ridge for three years now, and love it. It is a tad on the heavy side, but that has not been a problem for me, since I normally do not portage this boat any distance at all. Its very stable, cleverly rigged, and handles nicely in the types of waters I fish (small fast streams for trout and smallmouth, small lakes and ponds for other species)

Since buying this boat, I have left my fishing boat in the yard a majority of the time.

I have mine rigged with a variable speed 54 pound thrust motor, and find it to be just right.

-del

Nice fishing platform, but the weight!
If you want to fish small, barely canoeable streams, it won’t do very well. If you need to cartop it or carry it more than 10 feet, you better pack a lunch. It isn’t a top notch canoe for handling and paddling.

I’d rather use a good simple canoe design and modify it with stuff you can remove and carry separately. Just my opinion.

68 LBS CANOE
BOATER’S WORLD SELLS A 13’11’’ FISHING CANOE,IT WEIGHT 68 LBS.IT IS MADE BY HARBOR WATERCRAFT ROGUE RIVER 14TK.THE WIDTH IS 42’'AND IT SELLS FOR 349.99

GONE FISHING

JOHN