rod holder to attach to canoe

Its an addiction. I’ve had a canoe
since the early '80’s, but got my first Kayak in ‘05, my second in ‘06, and my solo canoe this year. If I remember, the Tampico is a Hurricane boat. Those a pretty good, fairly fast too. The Redfish is an OK SOT, but there are others I’d rather have. Price being a consideration, a good deal may make me change my mind. The Native Watercraft Manta Ray, 12’ and 14’, are nicer than the Redfish.

They’re awfully similar . . . .
Same seat and everything now. Just compared side by side web pages and can barely tell the differences.

The Hurricane Tampico 14 is really nice. I’m not totally sold on the Trylon, but it appears pretty good, and 43 lbs. for a 14 footer is nice.

Sweet
Very nice set up. I need a rod holder for my canoe and that looks like a great way to go. BTW, being able to haul a cooler like that sure is nice, another plus for using the canoe.

Trylon holds up well. Its not for
white water where you’ll be crashing into big rocks. Take a look at Necky Kayaks. Thing the Manitou comes in a 13 ft length.

Scotty has a
Rail mount. You just have to add your scotty mount on it and it clamps onto the rail. Bottom left

http://www.scotty.com/marine/products/product/rodholders/mounts_rail.html