rolling a kayak

Thanks
Well said. Having started my own roll in a boat that was fairly similar to this one in relative paddler size and boat volume, and in the same design series, it’s not the path I would recommend as the easiest out there. But it is doable, and worth a shot. The worst that happens is beau_geste gets stuck and decides to take the longer drive to Rutabaga or Mountain Man for some help.

partial rolls
are really really easy—the first half is no problem for most people—its the second half–the coming up part that seems to cause problems–lol

I had a Solstice
and another wide stable kayak after that. All my lessons were in ww boats and the learning curve was painfully slow in regular old ww. boats. Thereafter when I practiced with the stable sea kayaks I still had to use good technique. Actually hand rolled a few times.

Then when I got a narrower kayak and rolled in skinny boats I could notice the difference but the difference that affected my ability to roll was still me. ie. did I panic the first time in surf or did I rest and recover before doing what I’d done a hundred times in practice.

“it aint natural!”

I’ll bow to you on this
I think the mask I got was unisex one size fits all. While I’m small for a guy, my features may still be large enough to fit the nose clips.

Lou