roof rack for Nissan Xterra

Does anyone know if you can buy a longer crossbar for the tubular roofrack on a 2011 Nissan Xterra? I have 1 canoe and 2 rec kayaks that I used to rack on A Pontiac Montana with no problem and want to do this with a Xterra that I may be interested in buying.

Thule Stacker

– Last Updated: Feb-19-15 8:53 AM EST –

Carry the kayaks on edge against a Thule Stacker, rather than reinvent the crossbars, as the kayaks carries on edge won't take up much real estate.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The River Connection, Inc.
Hyde Park, NY
www.the-river-connection.com
hudsonriverpaddler.org

yes
You can get all sorts of tube lengths for the yakima racks. I’m assuming Thule is similar.

I’d definitely follow Marshall’s advice on the Stacker, but some factory crossbars still don’t give you enough width to do so.

Athe cross bars are very cheap .
I would not follow this advice.

Carried boats on my eX for 12 years
Look at a yakima rack system that clamps to the factory rack and buy 58" cross bars. You can carry a small navy on the eXterra if you do this. ( the factory cross bars will not carry much of a load).

I think the racks system used to be called X-towers now it’s called rail grab …

Yakima RailGrab Foot Pack Nissan Xterra 00-04 8000139

Yakima RailGrab Foot Pack Nissan Xterra 00-04 8000139

thule makes solid footings and a few+

– Last Updated: Feb-19-15 4:47 PM EST –

lengths in bars. Don't buy the Nissan tubing, attach Thule footings onto the lengthwise tubing and add Thule bars = very solid. I haven't looked at Thule's setup for some rack though. Seadart's description of Yakima setup = very solid.