roof racks

I have a 2013 chevy malibu and can’t find roof racks for it. Thule hasn’t made them for this vehicle yet. Any suggestions would be great.

How about …
… these:

http://www.carid.com/2013-chevy-malibu-roof-racks/rhino-rack-2500-multi-fit-euro-roof-rack-system-4101105.html

Coincidentally…
I also have a 2013 Chevy Malibu and am looking for a roof rack. I searched the Thule website (an appalling bad website, topic for another post) yesterday. I can confirm the Thule site says the components are not yet available for the 2013 Malibu.

Yet, my wife, also yesterday, went into REI and ordered the Thule components for the 2013 Malibu. We shall see what happens.

The Yakima website…
shows they are not currently available, but you can ask to be notified when they’re in.

Waiting is hard to do!

T

In the meantime
One option that works for a single hull, board, etc.

Sea to Summit Traveller Soft Rack $110-$120 + straps and bow/stern tie downs. Stows away in the trunk when done.

Has worked well with a number of my clients that have leased vehicles.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org

Inno
Check out Inno racks, same bar cross section as Thule, much more reasonably priced. We got one for our Honda Fit.

http://www.autoanything.com/roof-racks/61A4839A0A0.aspx?kc=GOOGADW&k_clickid=4f837cc7-5760-a749-6236-00004b316ea1&k_trackingid=139x874414&gclid=CPbh4u3i7bgCFVBd4godwz8ACQ

NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE RHINO…

– Last Updated: Aug-08-13 7:16 PM EST –

The ad notes the pads being contoured to fit the roof...

That's not what matters most -it's the clips fitting the contour(s) of the doojamb and door closures that matter most -where a good fit means security, and a bad fit might mean liftoff...

As far as I can tell, Thule and Yakima towers are more or less the same throughout their range -it's the clips that differentiate between vehicles. That's where you need to investigate "fit".

A good, solid, secure rack -if that's the way you're going to tote your boat -is the best way to start at Point A, and arrive WITH the boat at Point B, as you travel with your boat to

PADDLE ON!

-Frank in Miami

No Roof Rack from REI
REI called my wife back today and sayed despite her having ordered one from them, there is no Thule rack for Malibu.

aargh!
sayed?, how about “said”, sheesh

sx633 = autocorrect with attitude :slight_smile:

Wally World
Saw a Strap on rack at Walmart. might be worth looking at.