RPC3 Wing Paddles

Interested to know if anyone has any experience with this company and their products. They are moderately priced and light. I ordered one of their wing paddles and am anxious to see how it holds up.

I had one. After a few uses one blade came loose. I called them and had a replacement in a couple of days. They paid for the return of the original. Had no problems with the replacement.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that experience.
If I can ask, how do you feel the paddle performs? If you’ve had experience with other brands of wing paddles, was the performance comparable?
Thanks.

I did not like the wing. It was the only one I tried. I sold it to a friend who does. My joints couldn’t take the stress of the wing. I now use a wind paddle that has long narrow blades . It gets me where I want to go without Arthur getting too excited.

1 Like

I’ve had 2 RPC for surfski. The mid wing, but the tightener doesn’t work anymore. The large, which broke mid stroke on the shaft. I’m paddling a Fenn LS in the surf so some force applied. I’m new to the sport so maybe this is the norm? Anyway, I’m looking for another type with stronger shaft. I emailed RPC, but no reply yet. I’ll glue the mid wing while I check out others. Paddle wise it was working for me, until it didn’t.

I now own the paddle that string bought. It added speed to my paddling, but it is the only wing I have used so can’t make a comparison with other brands. I paddle with it often but not always as the wing is great for a forward stroke and works for a brace, but other strokes not as good as other blade shapes. haven’t had a problem with it. I have also broken a paddle while surfing my sea kayak. I don’t use a wing when surfing my sea kayak.