Sam Singleton Shooting Star

Paddling Family-
We lost a bright little star today. I write this numb for fear of not writing when the feeling sets in. Those of you who paddled with Sam know of his zeal for life, adventure, and the water. Sam lost his life today while playing with ropes in our barn. I’m sure he was pretending he was the next American Ninja Warrior. We will never know what happened for certain, but I can assure you it was an accident. The last time I talked with my son, I told him that he would be able to participate in a Slalom clinic this coming weekend. He was so excited because The flooding last weekend canceled the clinic we had planned to attend. Sam was beautiful. He was an artist who painted the water with the color of enthusiasm with each stroke. Sam was a Christian, a disciple following Christ the best a 13 year old boy could. Sam was an athlete, a distance runner who could muster the strength to finish to finish well in multiple track events during a single track meet. Sam was a gifted canoeist who had hopes of becoming a C1 slalom paddler. Sam was a comedian and an inventor. Sam was a son, a brother, and a grandson. Please pray that God grant my family the strength to see the beauty in his short life and to endure the coming days. Sam is alive and now paddling tandem with Jesus.

I’m so sad to hear of this. Your entire family was an inspiration on the water
I hope you all find peace

Ed, I am devastated to hear this. Sam was remarkable. Please let me extend my sincere condolences to you, Tracy, Lucy, and Gabe.

Sam will be sorely missed by those who knew and paddled with him.

I particularly remember the time he & I spent together; out in the front of the group, leading the way down the Buffalo river. The river was up & moving, and we were playing it for all it was worth. Sam was smiling from ear to ear; we were both having a great day on the river. Sam was a natural; he was a joy to be with & a great paddling partner.

You have our most sincere condolences.
Bob & JoAnne

I am so, so sorry for your loss and the anguish you and your family are suffering. Peace be with you.

Ed, our hearts ache for you, Tracy, and the kids. Words cannot express our sadness, Our thoughts and prayers are with you. That sweet smile will not be forgotten by any of us whom had the fortune to paddle with him!

This is heartbreaking. I am so sorry. He was a remarkable paddler and person.

Very sorry to hear. My prayers go out to all .

Ed, there aren’t words that can tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Sam was a very special young fellow and yours is a remarkable family. I have no doubt that I’m being truthful when I say all of us were looking forward to paddling with Sam again at the Vous’ for many years to come. Sam was a joy to be around, as are you all - but Sam was simply and uniquely a beautiful soul. You and Tracy and the kids are a strong family and you will make it through this dark time. I don’t know if there’s much of anything that one mortal person can do to help another through loss like your family must now be experiencing, but if there is, please let me know. I’m sure others here feel the same.

Our hearts go out to you and your family. Sam was an amazing, wonderful kid. His enthusiasm for whatever he was doing, whether it was floating down the river, or making dump cake back at camp, was contagious. PLease accept our deepest condolences, He will be missed. -Laurel & Tom

What?? We paddled next to him not too long ago! Makes me sad.
I wish you all the best!

All I have are tears.