Saris roof rack question

-- Last Updated: Sep-18-05 12:41 PM EST --

I have a Honda Pilot, sold with the lengthwise side rails but no cross bars, and am looking into a Saris rack to transport a canoe. They fit me as needing:

59" Load Bars 902
Your vehicle requires the following clips: Front 20, Rear 20.
The 59" foundation of the Saris roof rack system. Carries bikes, skis, snowboards, kayaks, canoes, cartop boats, sailboards and surfboards. See accessories below to fit your needs.
* Factory installed luggage rack will prohibit use of roof rack.

Does this mean I will have to remove the side rails?

hmmm
On further studying of the site and manuals, it appears the talon load bars are used with the factory side rails. I wonder why the Saris site does not give this as a choice? Maybe it is because the talon bars are a universal fit only needing appropriate width and no clips?

Call them
When you don’t see what you think you should using the fit list - there’s usually a reason. Probably something about your specific rails, spacing, etc.

Definitely call

– Last Updated: Sep-19-05 11:46 AM EST –

I had intended to and their website was update/corrected over the weekend. Now the site says for my 2003 Honda Pilot:

50" Load Bars 901
Your vehicle requires the following clips: Front 10, Rear 10.
* This application requires that roof rack be mounted directly to factory installed luggage rack.

59" Talon 906
905 50” Talon / 906 59” Talon
* This application requires that roof rack be mounted directly to factory installed luggage rack. Place both load bars on factory installed luggage rack. If applicable, place cross members and/or roof supports of factory installed luggage rack directly under Saris load bars.

I still think there is an error on their website since it lists two talon load bar sizes compatible and I was only quoted the 906 from the engineers guide. In fact, I measured the car and think the 50" bars will work on the factory roof rack but doubt it will work with the clips, the exact opposite from what they are saying...yikes.