Sawyer Autumn Mist

I’ve inherited a Sawyer Autumn Mist and am thinking of taking it up to the BWCA for a solo trip this fall. The seat is evidently located for kneeling, which I prefer, but my knees can’t take it anymore. So I’m thinking of dropping the seat so I can have a lower center of gravity. Any thoughts on how this will handle? I don’t like to sit and switch - I’ll paddle on one side just as if I was kneeling.

My other boat is a Merlin II, which I really like, but the Autumn Mist has a deeper hull and the stepped bow should make it handle waves and chop with less splash coming on board.

Thanks!

My Mist has…
a sliding seat that also has 3 height adjustments… A guy from here( Tonyfig) took me by DY’s house to get it autoghaphed one time and Dave looked in the canoe and suggested I raise the seat in the back to give it a angled position…It was much more comfortable…I don’t paddle it much any more but it’s a great design for it’s time…People in the know have said it a dated design though. Still I’ll hold on to it for a good long time…