Sawyer Canoe

thats what pnet is for
I might buy it as its close and so far cheap.

Canoes can always be transported to other places.

You have how many thousand paddlers on this site? Presumably they travel. I know I do.

I don’t think Sawyer kaykaks are being
made now. Are you referring to the Loon?

Scott hasn’t started making the Sawyer Loon yet. He’s been focusing on his own design of decked canoe - the Expedition.

Loon, Summersong & Starlight.
I just got the Loon and Starlight last Summer. I’ve had the Summersong for about three years.

I’ve been favoring the Loon since I got it. It’s versatile, maneuverable, handles well in wind and waves. Very comfortable and secure feeling. I paddle it mostly with a bent shaft Zaveral.

My Summersong is equipped with a foot controlled rudder. I paddle it with the rudder down most of the time with a bent shaft Zaveral. It feels like much less effort is required with the rudder deployed - easier on the joints when not using control strokes. Also very comfortable. Not as maneuverable as the Loon - very little rocker, if any. At 60 lbs, it’s uncomfortably heavy to lift and carry. It still has a bunch of aluminum brackets attached from the original owner, who I think had it set up for sailing. The rudder is very appreciated in windy and wavy conditions where leaning the boat to turn could result in waves coming over the gunwale.

I haven’t paddled the Starlight much yet, but I seem to prefer it with a 230cm kayak paddle rather than a single blade canoe paddle. I appreciate it’s relatively light weight at about 45 lbs and it’s relatively short length at about 13’4" for pick up and carry.

kayak
The Sawyer kayak I have is their touring model. It is 4 meters. Red on top and white on bottom. Fiberglass. Made in 1977.

Autumn Mist
I have an Autumn Mist. I love it. Mine is a 1990 model. I bought it from a guy who had it stored in his basement after using it once. When I bought it, it was a 17 year-old, new canoe. :slight_smile:

Previously owned…
Previously owned an Autumn Mist, and a Cruiser.

Sold both. No longer paddle tandem, and prefer a more lively solo.

BOB

Sawyer George
My emil used here is my old one. My current email is

eatts@windstream.net

Get in touch and we will get together.

Ed Atts

sawyers
I own an Autumn Mist and a Cruiser . Just sold my old cruiser . Bought a 1981 in mint condition last month . It’s in such good shape . I’m hesitent to paddle it . Should of kept the old beater I quess . Jon

A rare Sawyer
George, I was told to ask you, as you are the Sawyer Guru. I have a canoe in exellent condition, it is 18’6" long, 30 wide at the gunnels, 33 wide at the waterline, 11 1/2" deep in the middle, 14-15" wide at either end. It has a note epoxied in the hull by the bow seat,it say’s “special, lightweight,competition edition,that is not covered by the standard warranty”, and then it is signed. I have been told that it might be a rare “Legend” Model. Any info would help.

Thanks, Doug