Sayonara RockPool?

RockPool’s north american website has gone belly up. I wonder if RP has fled the NA market? Hope not.

Heck, I bet that they’ve sold at least five or seven Alaw’s over here and I’ve got one of them. Love the kayak. It fits my modest frame so well.

And a couple of weeks ago the thermoform construction earned its keep. I was unloading my kayak from the roof of my car and a strong wind kicked up and blew the boat out the rack and then sent it off for about three barrel rolls before I grabbed it. No harm done… RM goodness with a FG shine.

Anyhow, anybody know what the deal is with RP and us yanks?

Seems fine
http://www.reednorthamerica.com/index.html

Sometimes low-budget web hosting servers go down.

Doesn’t mean that every company that uses that service has gone out of business.

Doesn’t mean that you should post speculative “has this company gone out of business?” posts on various boards.

Learn a little patience.

Say What?
“Doesn’t mean that you should post speculative “has this company gone out of business?” posts on various boards.

Learn a little patience.”

Didn’t say they went out of business nor did I post anything on any other board. Where did I say or do either?

I’m not sure how long the site was down but it was off line for at least a few days.

I certainly don’t want RP to bail on the NA market. If I managed to “lunch” my Alaw, I would most likely buy another. I really like the material the kayak is made out of plus the boat fits great (with hip pads). The rear deck is very low and that has helped me bunches with rolling.

The thing with RP in the US is that they currently offer a single model. It isn’t exactly the most expansive product line. Because of that, my impression is that RP is less than fully committed to sales in NA. It’s like a shoe company selling only size 9 through size 10.

My hope is that their current relationship with Eddyline is profitable and will perhaps lead to an expanded range with more thermoformed offerings.