SC paddling groups?

Hi all!
New to the forum, very long time paddler - class V whitewater, touring, and fishing. Looking for other local/regional boaters to get out with. Recently moved from Greenville to Columbia. I love virtually all types of boating, and am equipped for year-round paddling anywhere. Day trips to multi-day tours. Nearly in the center of the state, so most places are doable with relatively short notice.

If anyone wants to go paddling, holler!

Castoff lives in Saluda and is also boat poor. Canoes, kayaks, and sailboats. Iā€™m sure he is familiar with paddlers in your area. He spends a lot of time on Lake Murray, mostly sailing. I think there is a meet-up group there also.

1 Like

Hi Vinman, I have done some WW in canoes tandem and solo. But not a lot of it. I mostly paddle rivers in canoes, and lakes and coastal in sea kayaks. I have also love to sail. I joined the lake Murray sailing club in 2020. It is on the lake south of Chapin. I really enjoy camping in wild places accessed from the water. I am out of Port at the moment, but if you would like perhaps we can meet and paddle or sail some. The sail club would be a good choice for either paddling or sailing.

2 Likes

VinmanP, Castoff and I also enjoy paddling the coast and the rivers that end there, particularly the Edisto.
The paddle to Bull Island NWR is also a favorite.

1 Like