Scamming - a warning

Just a heads up that after having posted a classified for my Sisson Racing kayak, within minutes I was contacted by a Curtis Joyner who quickly offered to buy the kayak at full price sight unseen with an echeck and he would arrange shipping. Reason he is located in another state.

For anyone with a passing familiarity with scams this one is classic. As soon as I said I would only sell for cash he ceased communication.

Just a warning to be careful out there.

3 Likes

I’ve not been bothered by scammers. Maybe because I make it clear in the listing that it’s a cash transaction with full payment due on delivery.

1 Like

Me too. Price non-negotiable, cash only, face-to-face transaction at a local safe transaction zone.

1 Like

Good advice! I will modify my listing accordingly.
~A

Good advice! Thanks!
~A

Funny… I just listed my Northstar canoe today and minutes later Curtis Joyner is reaching out asking for my personal email address so he can buy it. I said we can communicate via the Paddling forums just fine and he said his job does not always permit him to be ‘on here’.

Be vigilant everyone! Appreciate this post as well, as it validates my initial suspicions.

2 Likes

Hahaha…just posted my kayak for sale and sure enough CurtisJoyner99 is the first to message me and is trying to pull the same scam.

3 Likes

That Curtis, what a guy!
I’d like to pull his wisdom teeth out through hos nose.