1) What was your first kayak?
A Dagger Freefall LT, whitewater kayak
2) Why did you choose that type?
I was getting into whitewater kayaking, and this was advertised as a forgiving beginner design able to handle many types of whitewater
3) Do you own more then one now?
Yup, I now own 4 kayaks
4) How often do you go out? As much as you want to?
About a dozen times or more. It is never as much as I want to. I’d rather be out every weekend.
5) What is your favorite type of water to paddle in? Why?
I like all water, although I am partial to rivers, since I feel more connected to the water I am paddling when I have to pay attention to turns, currents, obstructions, etc. I suppose my absolute favorite water is easy rapids with good scenery along the way.
6) What is your dream boat and why?
A light, durable solo canoe. It can do everything a kayak can, plus hold more gear, is easier to get in and out of, is more photogenic, allows me to sit, kneel or stand as the conditions dictate, and is much easier to lug over the miles of portages I find myself having to do on occasion.