Scorpio LV

More details
Don’t have a scale in the Showroom but by hefting it I would guestimate that it’s about 51 lbs. Fit is much like Force 3 side to side but a little easier on my thighs for the deck height fit is about a half inch higher than in the Force 3. The P&H thighbraces have about the same contact surface area as in the Force 3. As to the Tempest 165 - No Data.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

Scorpio LV Review
http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/showReviews.html?prod=2299

Excellent review
You should sell that writeup to SeaKayaker Magazine to use in their next issue! Good job.

Cetus LV…
…the famous “boat aquisition dance” begins…as Trilobite2 puts it! Ordered a Cetus LV from Marshall but it seems they won’t be in till February. That’s ok, as it will give me time to learn how to use my surfski anyway.

Mine will be intense blue over golden yellow hull. See the Wilderness Systems website pic for their Tempest 180 Pro sample boat that I tried to match the colors to.

Thanks, Marshall!

New LV
Hey, it’s not too late to add the metal flake sparkles to the deck! Not like your color scheme will get confused with others and there’s no chance the only other person I know with a preference to that color scheme (Wayne Horodowich) will fit into it.

See you on the water,

Marshall

Hyde Park, NY

You are a pretty large dude, Marshall…
…but nowhere near the size of Wayne…better tread carefully on his choice of color schemes!! Come to think of it, he might be able to use my Cetus LV - as a slipper!

Scott

At his height
Wayne’s always some you can look up to. :wink:

See you on the water,

Marshall

Hyde Park, NY

Cetus LV ETA
Is it still Thanksgiving-ish?

Wayne and others boats…

– Last Updated: Nov-03-08 12:41 PM EST –

At GOMSKS one year I overheard a few of the coaches discussing whose boat to loan Wayne for a class he was teaching. Besides being a very tall man it seemed that the coaches felt that Wayne was very hard on boats.

It was finally decided that rather than have him use one of the coaches boats, he would be given an Eskia that was on hand.

Of course I'm not certain if Wayne would have fit in any of the coaches' boats.

Cetus and upcoming LV version
I recently paddled this boat and really liked it.

Turned like a Pintail but had forward speed unlike

pintail. I was getting ready to buy this boat and thought I better wait till I paddled LV Cetus. Any

body know if Cetus is just getting a deck chop or

hull change as well. Thx

Different boat
Hey Jay,

The Cetus LV is a completely different kayak, deck and hull.

Should have the first of them in the Showroom come February sometime.

See you on the water,

Marshall

Hyde Park, NY

Wayne
I tried to loan Wayne my kayak at GOMSKS but their was some confusion. Wayne and I are about the same size so I told him to use my Argonaut, the bulkhead has been moved away for my inseam and the seat has been removed. Someone moved my boat and left a brand new Argonaut in its place (same color, white with green seam). Apparently he tried to get into that boat and he wouldn’t fit. He thought someone was playing a joke on him.

Wayne is a nice guy, if GOMSKS ever returns maybe I’ll actually get to lend him my kayak.

GOMSKS etc…

– Last Updated: Nov-12-08 7:29 PM EST –

We attended some of each the 2003 and 2004 interations of the Gulf of Maine Sea Kayak Symposium. We were greatly looking forward to 2005 when it was canceled.

I believe there is (was) a subsequent Castine symposium organized by Ken Fink et al in 2006 and 2007. Tom Bergh went on to stage the New England Intermediate Rough Water Symposium (2007, 2008.) Mel Rice and Mark Schoon mounted the Downeast Sea Kayaking Symposium (2006, 2007, 2008.)

We've attend each presentation of the Downeast symposium. Have not been able to get away Labor Day weekend yet for the Rough Water Symposium.