scuffin' up the kayak?

I tend to rag mine around a bit more…
than I would like to. I got a lot fo scratches but nothing really that bad.

If you worry about scratches

…in a poly boat …IMHO you aren’t much of a paddler.

Poly was make to take the wear and tear. Buy a FG or K kayak and then you’ll have something worth worrying about.

Have fun and scratch the hell out oof it. Just don’t drag it on concrete or asphalt.

Paddlin’ on

Richard.

great tips
these tips are great, if (probably not) i ever wanted to sell to upgrade, this would really spuce up yak.what is 303? and where can i get some?

303 is a protectant. Works wonders on plastic, gelcoat, rubber, even fabrics… acts like sunscreen. It also rejuvenates faded colors, surfaces a bit.

Just use care on areas where you may need grip or traction as it leaves surfaces slippery.

I use it on both plastic and composite boats.

it shocks some
like i said i am not to hard on my pungo 120, from what i have read. but it kinda makes me laugh when i drag my yak even just a short distance of grass, sand gravelly type mix.everybody jumps to see if you need help carrying it.now i am only 5’ 1" but i can carry it on my shoulder for a ways if’n i wanted to, but why bother? i would be wasting paddling energy.went out with a friend that has a FG 17’ yak on rough water yesterday…boy did i have to work.now i want something quicker for the big open lakes that we have so much of here in new england.

link
I meant to include a link… you can find this stuff at OSH and Home Depot now…

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=428&CFID=35024959&CFTOKEN=62980141

17’ fiberglass kayaks
just piss me off but the doctors tell me that is a normal jealous reaction.

Paddlin’ on

Richard

or barnicles
barnicles not good for even an RM Boat

know what you mean
its my next big purchase—as soon as I find a place to hide it from my wife.

303 product
this is a great product. theres always something you can buy for your kayak, even when you think there. can’t be even 1 more thing.thanks for the link.

Can wear through if abused
I’ve seen poly kayaks that have holes worn through the stern from being dragged on pavement.