Sea kayaks in the Pine Barrens

I’ve canoed on the Wading, the Mullica, and the Batsto in the Pine Barrens. They are all narrow winding streams. Winding as in you often look through the woods and see your paddling buddy going in the opposite direction.Those rivers will bend 180 degrees in a 50 foot radius, so maneuverability and boat control are needed.

Do people sea kayak those rivers? And if so, do they like it?

Not much. Kayaks get hung up on anything possible to hang up on… Those u turn turns with a log in the middle or the worst is getting stuck on a log and having to get out and back in while balancing on a slippery log.
We did a mixed craft trip on the Mullica… The worst was the double blades bringing down anything growing out of the river. Twigs leaves spiders etc… poison ivy

Rec kayaks have an easier time.

When I was in the UK 3 years ago I went out with the local paddling club in the small town where I was staying in Yorkshire. Their rivers are mostly narrow and winding, with frequent snags and low hanging trees as well as low angle weirs instead of dams, which they can slide over. Most of the club members use short whitewater boats or 12’ and 13’ solo canoes. (I had a 12’ folding rec kayak which worked pretty well – can’t slide a fabric and rubber boat down a concrete weir ramp but at 24 pounds I just carried it over obstacles.) I certainly would not have wanted a longer boat in those waters.

I keep a tee fitting that converts half of a touring paddle to a single blade for paddling through overhanging greenery (and spider webs!) Did not have it with me on that trip but the travel kayak paddle I had along, a 4-piece carbon Cannon, can have one of the shaft halves removed to shorten it to about 6’ which was what I did during the “tunnel” sections on those British streams.