Seakayak Suggestions Please

Do we make light?
2011 models have 3 levels of layup depending on use:

1. Classic- an Epoxy based glass layup, very stiff and very tough compared to other boats available but without any specific weight penalty

2. Hardcore- Similar in make up to the Classic but with layers of carbon Kevlar to increase stiffness and impact durability. This layup aims for additional strength over the Classic without a weight penalty, rather than being light weight as per some other manufacturers

3. Hardcore Pro- Vacuum infused layup designed for lighter weight (approx. 6-7lbs less than Hardcore depending on boat) but with great stiffness. Not as robust as Classic or Hardcore and not available on the Xtreme

All layup options feature and are designed around a core technology called ‘TCT’. To account for the big conditions it’s designed for, the Xtreme is built using a core 33% thicker than other models in the Tiderace range.

In all cases the layups are custom designed by and specific to Tiderace and the boats are built in Thailand by Cobra International- who work with many premium brands in both watersports and European automotive markets.

Do I need to baby a glass boat…
…such as the Romany or Explorer?

No you do not. Composite boats are hardier than people often think. British boats tend to be made with hard use and rocky shores in mind. Most I know doing a lot of Maine coastal paddling use composite, often British, boats.

My lightest boat is an Elite layup Romany. It has seen a lot of coastal paddling and only after a half dozen seasons have I felt the need to add a keel strip.

thanks!