Searching for creek boat

I’m a relatively new kayaker and am looking for a second boat. I already have a Pungo 140 and I am looking for something a bit smaller for creeks and small rivers as the 14’ a bit long for that. I’m 6’1" and 240 pounds. I’m also a bit claustrophobic so I don’t want anything that is too tight. Someone recommended an Aspire 105, which seems like a great choice. Before I pull the trigger, I wanted to see if I’m overlooking anything else.

Thanks for everyone’s help!

exactly what sort of creeks?
“Creek boat” usually means a whitewater boat and the Aspire, with it’s enormous cockpit and flat bottom, is not a good choice for that. Here’s the general definition of a “creek boat” from NRS:

“A creek boat, in general, is a high-volume kayak with the volume arranged equally around the cockpit. Thus, the larger deck shapes ensure that neither end will submerge easily with the whole boat designed to resurface quickly. Most of these boats have ample rocker for quick turns. Tips tend to be stubby to help prevent vertical pins. Creek boats may have slight edges along the bottom. These “chines” give good carving control for tighter eddy turns. Lengths of creek boats vary depending on the intended creeks, but they tend to be longer than either play boats or river runners.”

So the Aspire is actually not a creek boat, it is a recreational kayak for flat, shallow and protected waters. If what you are actually looking for is just something to poke around marshes and flatwater inlets and ponds, then an Aspire would be OK, but it really isn’t going to be all that different from your Pungo in terms of maneuverability, usage and certain not in performance. The Aspire is not safe for deep or fast water due to not having dual bulkheads and not being able to support a spray skirt or be rolled.

If protected calm waters and a lighter, shorter but spacious boat are your goal, have you considered a small sit on top or even a pack canoe? Both would give you plenty of room and not be such a duplicate of what you already have.

But if you’re looking for something to use in rapids or fast water, you need to choose something else.

Creek Boat
Bought me a creek boat (Jackson Karma) earlier this year. Love the boat turns on a dime and easy to roll (back upright). All yaks are easy to roll upside down. This boat is designed to handle any whitewater you want to run down. although on flat water it cant go straight if it’s life depended on it.