Seaward Vision High Volume

I was wondering if anyone out there has had much experience with a Seaward Vision High Volume kayak on extended trips, in rough water, wind, with tracking, etc.

I am looking into buying a new boat to replace my Current Designs Solstice GT, and was wondering whether to consider a Seaward boat this time around.

I do a lot of extended (2 day to more than a week) trips around Southeast Alaska, so storage, speed, tracking, comfort, all weigh into the decision making process. Up here I can’t just run down and check out a selection of boats since there are no dealerships within 200 miles (by air or ferry).

Thanks,

Barry.

Barry, I would highly recomend Seaward
they build excellent boats. Three years ago I purchased a Seaward Discover Aurora, which I use for camping trips here in BC. I suggest you look at the Aurora also. It cost less than the Vision since it is hand laid fiberglass, but by no means inferior to the others. Plenty of room and very confortable, but I think the Vision has more cargo capacity. Anyway, no matter which boat you choose I am sure you will be very satisfied with your purchase. Good luck!!

Seaward Vision
Weather cocks very badly! Like a leaf on the water.

larger persons boat
certainly from the specs this seems to be the case. their highest volume offering, this is a very large sea kayak. if that’s what you are looking for, this is definitely in the range.

Thanks for the info…
I appreciate the input and information.

Thanks,

Barry.

from what i read
From the couple posts on other boards i stumbled on to, i gathered that it’s essentially the same boat as the Navigator that is well known for ugly weathercocking that’s hard to counter.