Seda Tango front hatch cover

Dear fellow paddlers,

I recently got hooked on sea kayaking and purchased a used Seda Tango to start. Unfortunately, the front hatch cover was lost transporting the kayak home. Moreover, no one seems to be answering the phones or emails at Seda, and feedback from a couple of dealers suggests that I might be out of luck going through the company. So… any thoughts on how to find, buy, make or otherwise replace the hatch?

Thanks,
John

According to its website, Seda used rubber Kajak Sport hatch covers on some models. Maybe try Kajak Sport:

http://www.kajaksport.fi/products/hatches

Another possibility would be to visit a kayak shop that is a Current Designs dealer. There is a good chance they might have a Sirroco on site; they use Kajak covers.

Thank you for the help! Much appreciated.

P&H and Venture also use Kajaksport covers, I think, so a dealer of those might work, too.

@magooch said:
Another possibility would be to visit a kayak shop that is a Current Designs dealer. There is a good chance they might have a Sirroco on site; they use Kajak covers.

This is a good idea. My understanding is that Current Designs no longer uses the Kajak covers on their plastic boats, just on the composites. They now use a house brand rubber cover. Those on my 2007 Sirocco were weathered and I purchased a complete replacement set from CD for ~$100. So far they seem to be of decent quality and they git very well. I kept the Kajak front (round) cover and it’s also interchangeable with the round front covers on my Boreal Designs boats. If the Tango does indeed use that size of Kajak cover it may be worth looking at the Boreal Design replacement as well.