She's a beauty! Sleek lines, nicely finished.

Had not planned on another one, but sometimes you just can’t pass on an opportunity.
I’ve already been out to pet her since dark. My wife really likes her, in fact thinks she is a necessity.
She is our new water heater.
The old one decided to stop holding water yesterday.

@string said:
Had not planned on another one, but sometimes you just can’t pass on an opportunity.
I’ve already been out to pet her since dark. My wife really likes her, in fact thinks she is a necessity.
She is our new water heater.
The old one decided to stop holding water yesterday.

How do I delete a post?

Groan.

You sure you’re not in congress… just don’t post any necked pics of it.

Woot woot! Your new beauty sounds like hot stuff!

Thanks for the giggle.

Could have bought a couple of nice paddles, or a poly kayak for the price.
But if Momma ain’t happy…

Just as long as it keeps you out of hot water!

Got a new one earlier in the year. She was still holding water but I couldn’t turn her on any more and she just wasn’t hot enough for me.

Wife doesn’t seem to mind.

So is the new one tall and skinny, or short and kind of dumpy. I like em nicely filled out and not too tall.

As long as we are punning. Is it an on demand system, or all bottled up inside?

It is 50" tall, so sort of medium I guess. It is a traditional tank. Gotta run a lot of cold water to get to hot if we’re upstairs. Downstairs you need to be careful not to get toasted.

We had been noticing a reddish tint to the water. Never occurred to me that it was rust. A little extra iron never hurts. It’s clear now.

@string said:
…Gotta run a lot of cold water to get to hot if we’re upstairs. Downstairs you need to be careful not to get toasted.

Get thee to Home Depot and pick up some poly foam pipe insulation and wrap as much of the hot water lines as you can possibly reach. It will help a lot.

Once you get rid of the extraneous plumbing and electrical lines, you’ll find it really easy to roll.

I suspect it would float pretty high and directional travel would be tough.

I was trying so hard to come up with a humorous addition, but you’ve all outdone yourselves and I’m going to stop trying now. :slight_smile:

We haven’t addressed stability. I can predict that primary and secondary will suck you right into the water.

If primary stability is what you need, here’s another “beauty” – spotted at my local Home Depot today just a couple of aisles over from those water heaters. Only $39.88, “oar included”. Might be handy if that new water heater ever ruptures. Not good for much else (even if it was only $1.97) though I suppose it could be used as a dog or toddler bed.

Now we’ve got a toilet that is 55 yo leaking. I’ve replaced the insides several times but it also looks like one of the tank bolts is also a culprit.
Ya gotta love old houses.
I’m getting too old for an old house.

@string said:
Now we’ve got a toilet that is 55 yo leaking. I’ve replaced the insides several times but it also looks like one of the tank bolts is also a culprit.
Ya gotta love old houses.
I’m getting too old for an old house.

They make tank bolt with seals kits.