Shipping a kayak

What freight companies have yall used to ship boats? I need a reasonable rate on shipping a kayak from Ca to Mo

www.uship.com
There is no better way to move a boat quickly and cost effectively. Really no better way that I know of to move almost anything quickly and cost effectively. Bill

Call Con-way
Con-way does single boat shipping w/o any hassles…

uship
posted 3 adds in different sections and each said similar prices were 700 plus… hopefully the auction system will bid that way down?

conways site quotes almost 300, which is similar to other freight companies quote sites. Ill try and call them and ssee if i can get something better i guess

any other suggestions ?

You will receive bids on uship.
The system allows for negotiation, or you can put in the auction what you are willing to pay. Someone will move it for you if you are reasonable. The kayaks I moved were about $175. Bill

Roadway
I had a boat shipped from New York to Central Florida for $175.00 with Roadway. No problems at all.

still looking
quotes from forward air conway etc were 230-275 range.

have gotten several hits off my 3 uship listings in different sections and the cheapest bid was 770 bucks LOL

175 would be nice…

Did you put in your auction how much
you are willing to pay? These guys will try to make babies with you unless you tell them I ain’t paying a dime more than $XXX. Put it in the auction. Someone who is dead heading in your direction will pick it up for gas money. Offer to meet them on the road somewhere not too far from your home, or off a major interstate that offers them convenience. The easier you make it for them, the easier it is for them to justify the hassle of getting your boat. Bill

Did you put in your auction how much
you are willing to pay? These guys will try to make babies with you unless you tell them I ain’t paying a dime more than $XXX. Put it in the auction. Someone who is dead heading in your direction will pick it up for gas money. Offer to meet them on the road somewhere not too far from your home, or off a major interstate that offers them convenience. The easier you make it for them, the easier it is for them to justify the hassle of getting your boat. Bill

R+L Carriers
http://rlcarriers.com/

you can get a better price if you ship to a business address

Roadway equals damaged boat…
…that’s from personal experience. On the second hand info side of things, Forward Air gets a lot of bad press.