shopping for boat

Greetings out there! I’m in the market for a new or used 'yak. I’m currently leaning to Prijon’s Seayak. Any Seayak owners out there? I would love to hear more about this boat than what I’ve been able to find on the web. Thanks!!

Some Reviews
http://www.epinions.com/otdr_Kayaking_Touring_Sea-Prijon-Seayak/display_~reviews

Reviews here on Paddling.net
Of course you could check right here on Paddling.net too:

http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/showReviews.html?prod=179

-Brent

Paddling.net

shopping for boat

– Last Updated: Feb-13-07 5:07 PM EST –

I've read those reviews a few times each, epinions and p.nets, and I guess I'm trying to be more "sold" than what those reviews have already sold me about the Seayak. What concerns me about that boat, is that I'm 6'00ft 198lbs, and I would like to hear from those owners in my weight/height range have to say more about the boat. I keep reading that I may be pushing the paddler "envelope for fit, and with my schedule, trying one in a store or otherwise is a little more than a challenge for the time being. Gotta admit though, it seems like my kind of boat! How about the Storm GT by Current Designs? Anyone my height/weight range owns one? Do share!
Thanks, Erik

take a look at
the poly fjord by boreal designs

maybe the Capella 166 rm, fit could be a bit tight.

Eddyline Fathom maybe, has plenty of room, its a thermal plastic, pleasent boat to paddle.

waterborne, not sure why u say
you may be pushing the envelope for size. I’m about your size/wgt and I have a cd sirocco that has a smaller cockpit that the seayak and its too large for me (i have about 3" padding on both sides of my hips). If you want a ruddered yak you may like the CD storm (cockpit is larger than the sirocco), if you want a skegged you may want to look @ a CD squamish which is a little smaller on the cockpit size. I’m hoping to get into a valley nordkapp rm this year, might look @ that too!

good luck

Im no expert but
we have a squamish and my husband is slightly heavier than you but same height and there is absolutely no way he can fit in our CD squamish! He paddles a CD Sirocco which does have a slightly too large cockpit but his tempest 170 is his favourite as it is a snug fit. My daughter -all of 110 lbs or so fits the squamish nicely!

Where?
I know you are in the south part of the PRK. There is a seminar coming up in San Diego if you want to try out boats and take some classes. You can buy a good used composite boat for the price of a new plastic. Check the classifieds on Pnet.

shopping for boat
Happy belated V-day to all!!! Thank you all for the replies and advice. That’s why I love P.net. Now I got more better info than before! Thanks again p.net’ers!!! Waterborne!!!